Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Pancreatic Cancer... for the past 2/3 years?  (Read 826 times)

Offline Melbu

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Pancreatic Cancer... for the past 2/3 years?
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2014, 05:39:44 PM »
Okay, I notice a lot of people are catching "the past 2/3 years?" to be extremely literal. That's my fault - I should have written that in a more obvious facetious manner.

I don't believe anyone with one of the most aggressive cancers known to us could live possibly even a year after diagnoses. I was stating this because even though it is impossible really to live that long with even other lesser aggressive cancers (let along PC) that my anxiteys and worries MAKE me think I have it, even though logically I likely do not.

Sorry for the misleading subject text for everyone who's pointed that out, that's my fault.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Nk904

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2014, 06:35:02 PM »
PC for 2-3 years and it hasn't bebe bad enough for you to get serious medical attention? GET REAL. My great aunt had PC. It killed her in four months. This isn't like other forms of cancer. Your 'symptoms' if you will, are vague and boring. Please do us all a favor and enjoy your life! Wasting 2-3 years on a form of cancer isn't good for your health and your well being.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Melbu

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2014, 06:56:16 PM »
lol Okay, evidently people didn't read the following comments of what I ment by "2/3 years".. again, thats my fault for not expressing this further.

Its Sarcasm, its being Facetious.. I didn't literally MEAN that I had the cancer that long.

What I do mean is, every spring I get symptoms that can RELATE to that cancer, and ANXIETY tends to make me BELIEVE I have PC.

I admit I shouldn't have put (2/3 years) if I knew this would occur. But please read the other posts following the initial statement - everything people are now saying is in relation to having a most DEADLY form of cancer for 2/3 years.. which is absurd. lol

I'm trying to figure out why I have this yearly occurrence, irrationality makes me think (its definitely cancer this time) and logic makes me think it's something more benign..   
Bookmark and Share

Offline patmob

• Rec's: 13
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2014, 07:34:34 PM »
You seem to be missing the key points which are (1) pancreatic cancer doesn't come  and (2) if you had pancreatic cancer last spring, you wouldn't be wondering if you still had it this spring.

Whatever you are experiencing, it isn't pancreatic cancer.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Melbu

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2014, 08:17:16 PM »
I can't wait to receive a response from someone who read all the follow up post, at that point perhaps someone could relate a little more to the real topic. I appreciate nonetheless people explaining to me something that honestly I mentioned I already know, but again, I digress.

Thank you Eric68, you understood my points, and thanks to everyone else of course who tried. :)

Bookmark and Share

Offline jordannicole812

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2014, 12:52:41 AM »
I understand the uncertainty... hopefully the fact that it's the same symptoms every year is a little bit more relief. i have gastritis as well, with stomach and back pain, and worry that I'll develop cancer and not be able to tell a difference until it's too late. I have to talk myself out of it!
Bookmark and Share

Offline IAMHEALTHY

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2014, 02:54:39 AM »
Could be seasonal allergies that cause anxiety and IBS

best wishes to you :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline patmob

• Rec's: 13
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2014, 08:10:05 AM »
Melbu - I did read your follow-up post but still can't see where any cancer would come and go and return on an annual basis at the same time every year.  This is why people keep speaking to seasonal allergies which can cause all sorts of havoc that doesn't manifest in the stuffy, dripping nose you see in commercials.
Bookmark and Share

Tags:

anything