Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: Stomach issues are starting to return after vacation  (Read 243 times)

Offline burgundyplace

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Stomach issues are starting to return after vacation
« on: May 30, 2014, 12:48:27 PM »
Ugh, I thought I was getting better from my stomach issues :(

Last Febraury to March, I had some stomach issues which a lot of GPs said was either acid or gastritis. Symptoms were belching, gnawing sensations in the stomach after a few hours of eating, no genuine hunger, etc. I was put on a month of omeprazole but it took me about 6 weeks to feel better.

Starting late March, symptoms were slowly fading away. April was generally okay -- issues were 99% gone. Last May 1, I left the country to have a vacation all over Europe. Strange enough, I enjoyed it and I feel like I did not experience my stomach issues. It was so awesome.

Now I just returned to my country and had my first dinner here since I left. For some reason, I felt stressed because of all the work I left behind, all the pests I had to kill in the house, and other petty frustrations upon returning from a wonderful vacation. And after 3 hours of eating, I started feeling these ticklish sensations in my tummy that kinda feels like hunger. :(

The symptoms aren't as bad as before but I feel that this could be the beginning again of my stomach issues :(

Is this too mich of a coincidence to be stressed and feel stomach issues again? :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline crikee57

• Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 68
  • Mood: Sleepy
    Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Stomach issues are starting to return after vacation
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2014, 01:36:52 PM »
The stomach and digestive system are the first parts of the body to be effected by stress and anxiety.  That is why so many of us here suffer from stomach issues (myself included).  I would imagine that the stress of coming back from vacation has you very tense and it makes perfect sense that it is effecting your stomach.  Try not to get lost in the fears of the stomach problem returning full force.  If you are still on meds, keep taking them.  If not, then maybe consider taking the omeprazole again for awhile while you work through this initial stress of being home.   Everything will be alright and at least you have the experience to know how to deal with it now.  Good luck
Bookmark and Share
It's not what's in front of us that stops us.  It's what's inside that holds us back.

Offline burgundyplace

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2014, 09:04:59 PM »
Thank you very much for the thoughtful reply, crike.

Inam trying my best not to think of my stomach issues coming back to its previous state. It is too stressful to think about it.

May I know what are the stomach issuwa you encounter when you are stressed?
Bookmark and Share

Offline skyisblue

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2014, 11:23:15 AM »
I had this too. Anxiety can definitely fool around with your tummy!
Bookmark and Share

Offline crikee57

• Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 68
  • Mood: Sleepy
    Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2014, 07:41:23 PM »
My stomach issues are acid reflux and IBS.  I have taken meds for my acid issues for years and unfortunately never been able to stop without a lot of pain and throat swelling coming back.
Bookmark and Share
It's not what's in front of us that stops us.  It's what's inside that holds us back.

Offline burgundyplace

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2014, 03:23:24 AM »
Thank you crikee and sky.

Crikee, do you still have those issues sometimes? And what did your doctors say?

I was hoping I could also find someone else with stomach issues that seem to last long but still turn out to be manageable and somehow "harmless". :(
Bookmark and Share

Tags: