Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Does anxiety cause painful/sore spots in random places?  (Read 237 times)

Offline mroussa

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Does anxiety cause painful/sore spots in random places?
« on: May 30, 2014, 12:05:52 PM »
Since I was diagnosed with depression/anxiety/HA, I have had sore spots in the most random places on my body. Arms, legs, chest, but mostly both sides & rib area.

I have one now that has been hurting off & on most of the week & I am fearful it's the C-word somehow. No lump is here, just sore when I press on it & it feels better when I rub it.

I don't have to rub it to feel it. It's just sore & I can feel it radiating around it.

I don't even now what kind of C-word it would be....breast?

I am driving myself crazy.
Bookmark and Share

Offline doug65

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Does anxiety cause painful/sore spots in random places?
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2014, 01:49:30 PM »
It sure can.  I get the same things and like you, a little massaging of the area and the pain is gone
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety happens at the subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state.  - AnxietyZone member Sixpack

Offline Lunatone

• Rec's: 19
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2014, 02:36:53 PM »
I have this mild heart condition, a mitral valve prolapse. I found out about it because one day, my chest hurt. Badly. Very very badly, through to my back. Went to the doctor, they rushed me into the emergency room, and quickly found the problem.

Thing is? My condition is incapable of causing the pain. I was so scared and upset that I tensed up. I tensed so much that it caused rather extreme pain, all through my chest. It lasted for days after. All generated by anxiety.
Bookmark and Share

Offline kcg13

• Rec's: 6
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • My mind ... both a blessing AND a curse ...
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2014, 02:57:13 PM »
Yes - anxiety most definitely can cause painful/sore spots in random places.  I get it in my ribs, back, shoulders, neck, arms - almost everywhere (not all of the time or constantly - but I usually start freaking out about it to then finally realize it is stress related).  Anxiety causes muscle tension (whether or not you "feel" tense) and that will lead to the sore spots.  Also focusing on the sore spot will make it linger or feel worse (my soreness will often go away if I am distracted from it).  This is one of my major anxiety symptoms.  (Also I have begun to accept the fact that we sometimes get sore just because we are getting older  :sprachlos020: I hate thinking about that - but it is true!)
Bookmark and Share
Our thoughts dictate our emotions .... in other words, how you think is what you will feel.

Offline new_mommy13

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2014, 03:46:26 PM »
Could be "trigger points" forming from tight muscles. This causes pain and it also radiates to other areas.
Bookmark and Share

Offline mroussa

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2014, 08:24:16 PM »
That makes sense sense this sore spot is around the area I was focused on.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: