Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Anyone else?..  (Read 219 times)

Offline Nichlas224

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
    • Poke This Member
Anyone else?..
« on: May 30, 2014, 05:53:32 AM »
Hi.

For more than 6 months i been self diagnosing Physical & Mental illness.. I would read about something and because one or two symptoms looked like me i would belive i had the disease.. I would then look more and more into it, read all i could about it to convince myself i didn have it.. but that only made it worse.. cause, i would start to belive i had ALL the other symptoms connected to that disease.. and i would start to copy the symptoms and belive i had symptoms i didn even have in the first place..

examble: I had headache.. i looked it up.. thought i had brain tumor.. i read all the symptoms.. one symptom was something like "Paralyzed arm" or similar.. My mind would think "why dont i have that? better start having it" and my arm would feel weird.. heavy.. almost like i couldn move it..

Is this common with Anxiety & OCD? Anyone else does this? its terrible..
Bookmark and Share

Offline Nichlas224

Worried
    • Poke This Member
Re: Anyone else?..
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2014, 03:22:47 PM »
Bump. :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline Anxiousmind77

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2014, 10:35:17 PM »
Hi nichlas224, sorry you're going through a tough time. But to answer your question YES YES AND YES. People w anxiety disorders are very sensitive to certain things. I used to and still do at times do what you are doing. Best advise I can give you is to not use google for health anxiety reasons lol, makes it ten times worse! Take care.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Nichlas224

Worried
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2014, 05:25:26 AM »
Thanks for your reply! Good to know im not the only one getting symptoms after reading them :)
Bookmark and Share

Tags:

anything