Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Terrified of skin infection/sepsis  (Read 84 times)

Offline PandaNinja

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Look for the Light
    • Poke This Member
Terrified of skin infection/sepsis
« on: May 29, 2014, 08:13:38 PM »
I'm terrified of having a skin infection in 2 places. i'll list them seperately as they are doing different things.

1) Wound #1 on my right arm looked like an ingrown zit that exploded, according to the doctor I saw. When i originally discovered it I just saw a little crater that was leaking clear fluid and blood. My first instinct was to squeeze it, and then I put peroxide on it I told the doctor about that and he said to do salt water compress. I'm doing that and applying a prescription antibiotic cream i have left over to it. However, now that its somewhat healed over a bit today, I feel a little lump underneath where the wound is healing. is this normal? It's not painful or leaking pus.

2) today I saw an ingrown hair on my arm so i scratched it. since then there has been a streak where i scratched it and theres a little bump. the streak is smaller than the length of a quarter, and I was scratching it to deliberately break the skin and get the hair out.... but could it also mean I now i have sepsis?

I'm terrified about these two things, please help me out guys.

Much love,

- Panda
Bookmark and Share
"Be on the watch, the Gods will offer you chances, know them and take them. You can't beat death, but you can beat death in life. Sometimes the more often you learn to do it, the more light there will be. You are marvelous, and the gods wait to delight in you." - Charles Bukowski, The Laughing Heart

Offline anxiouskathie

• Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 209
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Terrified of skin infection/sepsis
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2014, 08:38:04 PM »
Hi Panda

I talked to you in chat and we all decided that what you were experiencing with the zit and the feeling of a bump beneath it was perfectly normal and in a day or two it will be gone.

The scratch you have, you said you really scratched it hard, so that will take a couple days to disappear as well. 

It's all good panda, you'll be fine!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Descent

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Indescribable
    Indescribable
  • Only thing to fear is fear itself
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2014, 08:44:25 PM »
Not understanding the sepsis fear... I mean I've feared the same thing before but that's quite the leap. You'd have to be severely immunocompromised in some way in order to develop sepsis from a skin infection.
Bookmark and Share
Currently afraid of: Bacterial infections, toxic ingestions

Offline PandaNinja

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Look for the Light
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2014, 10:19:06 PM »
Yeah, health anxiety is bad for me. I just from, a symptom, to imagining dying from it. its no good.

Thanks guys. I la u.
Bookmark and Share
"Be on the watch, the Gods will offer you chances, know them and take them. You can't beat death, but you can beat death in life. Sometimes the more often you learn to do it, the more light there will be. You are marvelous, and the gods wait to delight in you." - Charles Bukowski, The Laughing Heart

Tags: