Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: what gives?  (Read 91 times)

Offline shaggy

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
what gives?
« on: May 29, 2014, 04:00:26 PM »
i was fine for almost a week! no anxiety, my dp was not bothering me at all. Then yesterday morning i woke up and i was really dizzy, i was still lying on my bed and i looked up on the wall and it seemed to be moving, like my eyes couldnt focus. i was also nauseous. This came and went for the whole morning  until finally around 1 or 2 pm, it finally stopped and i felt better. ive never been actually dizzy from anxiety so it FREAKED me out. i was about to run over to urgent care but decided against it.  Today im not getting dizzy spells still and although im not dizzy anymore, now im feeling a little scared of them coming back. Also my dp came back full force, the racing heart beat came back and all day today ive been a little lightheaded and feeling 'off' or 'sick' but i know i can link all these feelings to anxiety. It sucks because i was doing so good and then that hit me and now i feel like im back at square one.  :traurig001:

could being dizzy be because of anxiety? i read somewhere that clenching your jaw can mess with your ears and ive been clenching them A LOT even when im not anxious i find myself doing it. its become a bad habit. could that be it? or should i see an eye doctor and get a check up? since my dad and sister have glasses and i also heard from my mom that she needs them too but is too lazy to go get them haha. let me know what you guys think.
Bookmark and Share

Offline anxiouskathie

• Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 210
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: what gives?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2014, 04:20:16 PM »
Dizziness and vertigo are a huge symptom of anxiety.  So is clenching the teeth.  The darned anxiety just seems to pop up out of the blue sometimes.  Doesn't mean it's back to stay!!  Try to relax and distract yourself if you feel it coming on again! 
Bookmark and Share

Offline shaggy

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2014, 04:47:32 PM »
hello! yeah, ive been trying to distract myself as much as possible and trying not to clench my teeth anymore. thanks for the reply.
Bookmark and Share

Offline anxiouskathie

• Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 210
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2014, 08:16:41 PM »
Shaggy,

I've heard that Walmart sells a mouth piece you can wear at night that helps prevent the teeth clenching....might be worth checking it out.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: