Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Collar Bone Lump  (Read 83 times)

Offline raggamuffin

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Collar Bone Lump
« on: May 29, 2014, 05:07:59 AM »
Just above the centre of my collarbone is a recess where the neck joins the torso. I noticed a fleshy lump dead in the centre. It's more noticeable when i bring my chin towards my chest. When I do this the fleshy lump sits on my collar bone. If I pull the skin below my collar bone down there's a very pronounced lump in the middle. I went to the GP. He didn't even feel it. I just pulled the skin down to show the lump and he said "It's probably nothing".

Obviously that wasn't much in the way of reassurance when I have bad anxiety. So I wonder if anyone else could just check themselves. if this is something that everyone has, there's no need to worry. But it's got me rather freaked out.

Try to rationalize it. It's dead in the middle of my collar bone. it moves when I move my head. I'm trying to convince myself it's nothing sinister but i'm struggling. I'm very slender so this might be why its so noticeable.

Ed
Bookmark and Share
Feel free to add me - *****.com/edward.frrp?fref=nf

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 161
    • Poke This Member
Re: Collar Bone Lump
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2014, 05:37:09 AM »
I think it is something we all have. The thing is most people don't go around looking for such things. This is something you finally noticed. Though it has been there since you were born. But as you never noticed it before your mind then took over and made it into something much bigger. That is why the doctor could not find it. Because it was just a normal part of that part of your body. I am sure if you do the same in other areas of your body you will find similar bumps you never knew you had.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 15
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
    • Poke This Member
Re: Collar Bone Lump
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2014, 05:57:19 AM »
Do you notice it when you you rub your hand DOWN it (from neck to chest) and NOT feel it if you go the opposite way?  If so, just just fatty tissue.  My mom saw a doc for that - then I see that I have it too!  (and I can see it looking in the mirror) I also have that between my breasts
Bookmark and Share

Tags: