Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Afraid of anesthesia  (Read 128 times)

Offline tnrocks

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Afraid of anesthesia
« on: May 28, 2014, 09:30:24 PM »
I have to get wisdom teeth pulled and they keep suggesting that it's easier if I'm put to sleep. I'm absolutely terrified to be put to sleep. I feel like if I make the appointment I'm just scheduling my own death. I'm also have a phobia of medicine so I can't take a Xanax to relieve my fears. I'm ok with the novacaine and would just prefer it that way. Does anyone else feel this way?

I have so many phobias they are actually controlling my life completely.
Medicine. I'm prescribed Xanax and cymbalta. I'm trying to overcome my fear of Xanax so I can start to take the cymbalta. I think if I can overcome this fear I can really get my anxiety under control.

I'm afraid to eat meat. I wait 4 hours after everyone in the house eats and I see they didn't get sick. I will then eat with no fear.

I can go on and on but these are the ones that really limit me
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 161
    • Poke This Member
Re: Afraid of anesthesia
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2014, 05:33:12 AM »
They are experts. They put people to sleep loads of times a day. To stay awake for such a thing may have longer lasting effects on you. Wisdom teeth can hurt. I am sure they have had many an anxious person to deal with before as well. The thing is to explain to them your fear. Exactly as you explained it here on the forum. They are good at what they do. I have been knocked out a few times. I was nervous in advance of it. But they could always calm me down. So don't be shy. Let them know how you are feeling.

As for medication. Millions of people fear medication. They read a lot of bad things. Things people write up after they make mistakes. In other words the medication is fine. It is the user who makes the mistakes and then blames it on the medication. They will come on the net and write a whole load of thrash. Blame the medication for everything. Instead of blaming themselves for not following the doctor's orders.

As for foods. I think a lot of people would relate to that. I know there are certain foods I won't eat. I stick with the foods I have always eaten. I never ever change them. Just how it is with me. So you are not alone there.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Tags: