Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Shortness of breath is new to me  (Read 104 times)

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 37
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Shortness of breath is new to me
« on: May 28, 2014, 06:04:37 PM »
For the last week or so I've had extreme shortness of breath, especially when I walk somewhere.  My chest and back always feel heavy and tight and I get out of breath just moving around.  Today I got really worried when I realized I wasn't able to talk and walk at the same time; I had to focus on getting air.  Can shortness of breath this extreme still be anxiety?  I thought it was a side effect from not taking my atenolol for a few days (pharmacy mixup) because that's when it started, but I've been back on it for four or five days with no improvement.
Bookmark and Share

Offline patmob

• Rec's: 7
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Shortness of breath is new to me
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2014, 07:45:38 PM »
You may be right about the atenolol - it's nasty when I miss one.

That being said, you should probably touch base with your doc and give him a quick update on your symptoms just to be sure.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lindsay2427

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2014, 10:08:26 PM »
I get this really scare shortness of breath a few days before my period. It feels as though I can't fill my lungs enough. I will have it take small shallow breaths and then a big deep breath to feel like I have enough air. I also had this during the first trimester of my pregnancy also. My doctor said it is total hormonal related.
Bookmark and Share

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 37
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2014, 10:20:46 PM »
Could be hormonal - I just got my period a few days early.  Which explains why I have been a total psycho bitch out of nowhere the last few days.  I wasn't expecting PMS and literally thought I had just finally lost my mind. 

(In other news, I gotta go order my wife some flowers.  She has been putting up with *a lot* from me lately.)

I think by now my atenolol levels are back to normal - but yeah the side effects from missing it get more brutal the longer I'm taking it.  Do you take it for anxiety or a heart issue?  I take it for rapid heartbeat.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: