Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: Food poisoning; could use some reassurance  (Read 63 times)

Offline Lunatone

• Rec's: 17
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Food poisoning; could use some reassurance
« on: May 28, 2014, 04:45:30 PM »
Yesterday I got bad food poisoning. I'll spare the details, but "explosive" sums up the symptoms nicely. So today I'm still feeling bad. But not bad like yesterday. If anyone's gotten food poisoning, is it normal to feel nauseus after eating, even a day after the poisoning? The nauseal and light-headedness when standing are my only continuing symptoms. Normally I could just ignore this, but the barometric pressure dropped rapidly today too. That causes vertigo, which is making me feel like something must be horribly wrong - despite feeling substantially better than yesterday.

So yeah. If anyone can relate, it'd be very much appreciated. Im on the edge of panic, but the knowledge that it was definitely worse yesterday keeps me on the edge instead of over.
Bookmark and Share

Offline famv5

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Food poisoning; could use some reassurance
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2014, 05:41:21 PM »
I remember getting food poisoning once in my life and it's a memory I will never forget.  Your description "explosive" is spot on. (haha)  I was getting sick every hour on the hour.  Even after the throwing up and bathroom trips stopped, I was very weak and just felt like a zombie for a week later.

You will probably not feel back to your normal self for a few days.  It takes time for your body to flush out whatever made you ill and then regain itself back again.  Drink plenty of fluids and relax.  Feeling weak and drained is completely normal. 

So sorry you are dealing with this.  It's no fun.  Hope you feel better soon.
Bookmark and Share
"Our anxiety does not empty tomorrow of its sorrows, but only empties today of its strengths" - Charles H. Spurgeon

Online mollyfin

• Rec's: 35
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Food poisoning; could use some reassurance
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2014, 06:19:23 PM »
Yeah, it's normal to feel sick for a few days after.  I hope you feel better soon!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: