Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: At my wit's end  (Read 69 times)

Offline CLSmooth

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
At my wit's end
« on: May 28, 2014, 12:56:20 PM »
Hi All

New to the forum and I first have to say reading this board provides some relief, however silly that may sound.  I wanted to see if anyone has similar experiences, or can speak to my general anxiety. 

I started having some pains in my chest a few months ago.  The pains were mostly quick stabbing pains.  After getting quite alarmed I went to the doctor who gave me an EKG.  He said everything was fine but to easy my fears sent me to a cardiologist.  I’ve had a holter monitor, echo, EKG and stress test at the cardio, all have been fine.  My initial blood tests were normal and I also had a normal chest x ray. 

He also sent me to a GI, where I had an endoscopy and abdominal ultrasound.  Those tests were fine also.  Somewhere during all of these tests I also started to have some pains in my upper abdomen (I guess liver/gall bladder area).  All the pains been intermittent for the most part.

One of the more frightening things that also started happening after my initial pains is these “quick jolt” feelings in my mid/lower chest.  They come and go in an instant.  It’s hard to explain, but they’re almost like little sudden bursts of energy.    Sometimes they will happen off and on for hours, and for the life of me, I can’t get them to go away.  Then it may stop for a couple weeks, only to return.    Sometimes it feels as though my chest is "freezing" up for a second.  Very hard to put into words.  It’s unsettling because even when I don’t feel anxious and I’m relaxed I can still feel these “jolts”. 

In general I have always been a very anxious person, probably not full blown hypochondria, but maybe approaching it.  Half the time I think my “pains” are caused by my anxiety and half the time I really think there is something wrong with me (tumor, cardiac issue, etc that hasn’t been discovered).   Last time I went to my PCP I could tell he was getting quite frustrated with me, which I didn’t appreciate.  He’s convinced there is nothing wrong with me and just seemed exasperated when he saw me again. 

Appreciate any feedback.  Thanks,

CL
Bookmark and Share

Offline doug65

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: At my wit's end
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2014, 02:54:44 PM »
Trust your doctor
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety happens at the subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state.  - AnxietyZone member Sixpack

Tags: