Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Getting sooo many skipped heartbeats!!!  (Read 137 times)

Offline Lance1984

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Getting sooo many skipped heartbeats!!!
« on: May 28, 2014, 04:42:05 AM »
Getting so many skipped heartbeats like 5-6 min then it might slow down to 2-3 min then back up again, sometimes i get 2 in a row .. sometimes i reakon i can bring them on if i think about them enough which is weird.. i feel a strange urge in my throat first then ill get the skipped beat about a 1sec after, Dr told me not to worry too much about it after bloods and ecg were normal, just asking if anyone else out there that get them how many? how often? how to get rid of them? thank you for any input...
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lunatone

• Rec's: 17
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Getting sooo many skipped heartbeats!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2014, 05:13:00 AM »
skipped heartbeats are almost always harmless, and a misunderstanding of how the heart functions. Your heart rate is never truly steady, and it changes speed based on demand at that moment. for anxiety sufferers, this can be a problem, since we're.. you know, terrified.

One thing to watch out for is if you actively check your pulse, you become subject to the "stopped clock illusion." This is a weird phenomenon that messes with how we preceive time. If you were to look at a c lock with a ticking second hand, the first second you see after looking will appear to take longer than the seconds that follow. Measuring your heartbeat causes this too.

You can't accurately measure such things without one occurring, resulting in the skipped sensation as your brain tries to fill in the past that it never actually experienced.
Bookmark and Share

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 64
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2014, 08:03:32 AM »
I would stay away from caffeine, alcohol, chocolate, cold medicines and similar items as they can all
increase PVC's.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Offline Rob783

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2014, 08:10:50 AM »
Do you ever get acid reflux symptoms?  I've had similar heart flutters, but after ekg's, ecg's, and blood work all I can guess is its that. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lance1984

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2014, 01:50:34 AM »
Yes I have been getting acid reflux but it has gone again I only get it when I've had a real bad panic attack . Just recovering from flu still getting the odd one. I'm starting to just deal with it and not bother me. Thank you everyone for your input
Bookmark and Share

Tags: