Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: People Obsession? Past Obsession?  (Read 267 times)

Offline bobbyassustado

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
People Obsession? Past Obsession?
« on: May 28, 2014, 02:22:30 AM »
OCD over a Person and over my Past? (sorry about my amateur english)
I'm going through some 'people obsession' myself... I just focused in some male friend (i'm also male, not gay) I had when I was 13,14, and I don't see him for years now... But I focused an obsession out of nowhere over him. Now I see this guy in everything. Everything I hear, I see, I can associate with him. When I see someone with fat cheeks, I see him, because he had fat cheeks. I see him in movies we saw together, games we used to play, everything. I'm sick of it. I know it may sounds "gay".. but is absolutely 100% not in this way. Is a bad obsession. I hate thinking about him now... Before all of this, he was a normal memory, now i hate it...

I feel like i'm not myself anymore because i see the guy everywhere. I want MY life back. I want to like the things i used to, without putting him on it. Please, if someone can relate witht his, I would feel better
Bookmark and Share

Offline Myocdragon

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
Re: People Obsession? Past Obsession?
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2014, 12:15:16 PM »
The obsessive element of OCD is irrelevant. It could be this guy, or any other thing. It's miserable. The best way out, in my opinion, is through cognitive behavioral therapy and meds.

Try to keep in mind that this is only temporary. These obsessive thoughts have taken over your mind temporarily, but that can be quieted. You don't have to think them. It's just your OCD generating anxiety which reinforces your obsession.

Get some therapy and meds if you can. Try to distract yourself as best you can. And most importantly, be patient. OCD is treatable, but it takes time. You will get your life back, it might just be a frustratingly slow road to recovery, with stops and starts.

Good luck
Bookmark and Share
I'm not crazy, I've just lost my mind

Offline bobbyassustado

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2014, 03:53:12 PM »
Thanks for your words, Myocdragon. Really helped.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Myocdragon

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2014, 07:15:09 PM »
You're welcome. It's not fun, but you'll beat it.
Good luck
Bookmark and Share
I'm not crazy, I've just lost my mind

Offline bobbyassustado

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2014, 05:08:55 PM »
It started after I seeing a short-film that we did in that time... i didn't like seeing myself, I felt I was a silly kid or something.. I think it's normal to feel that you were kinda dumb when kid... but I think that feel connected with the memory of this particular guy and it was the whole start... my mind realized that keeping this guy and this age 24/7 in my mind would make me feel bad, so that's the reason i keep obsession over it... Makes any sense? I'm afraid this will never stop ):
Bookmark and Share

Offline bobbyassustado

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2014, 12:09:10 AM »
Still suffering. It's horrible. Although I know its ocd, my mind keeps telling me that this obsession in particular are not ocd, and there's no cure. I'm definitely going to therapy. Just have to find a nice psychiatrist
Bookmark and Share

Tags: