Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: I wsa fine for a couple of weeks. Fear of my son being austic.  (Read 743 times)

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 56
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: I wsa fine for a couple of weeks. Fear of my son being austic.
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2014, 05:20:09 AM »
I was very old when I started being able to tie my shoes I couldn't draw inside the lines, cut neatly, write and draw, etc at an age where most other kids mastered these years earlier...

Most of my symptoms went away on their own but to this day i cant draw and still have sloppy handwriting. I also am clumsy. Dropping things, missing when I try to  kick a  ball that isn't even moving and a few other things...

You and me both, on all of these things.  I STILL can't do most of these things (except tie my shoes, thankfully, as they don't make Velcro sneakers in my size!)  and I was diagnosed with ADD or ADHD (forget which) as a teen (they suspect I had it all along but since I wasn't hyper as a kid no one noticed).  I wonder if there's a connection.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Hypowoman90

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2014, 11:11:19 AM »
There is a connection  with both ADD and dyscalculia. Autism too which of course  take as a bad sign.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Hypowoman90

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2014, 01:07:03 PM »
Welp. Just put my son on his school bus for the first time ever and now I am worried sick he will fall out of the window or something. I was very tempted to go running after it. I feel like I might vomit....

He didn't cry... Even after I got off and he doors closed... But he might be crying now.... :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline Hypowoman90

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2014, 08:23:49 PM »
Just an update on my son. i have noticed some improvements over the summer.
He has more words now and makes more attempts to speak. If he is having trouble saying a word, or can't say it at all,he prompts me to say the word to him a couple of times by pointing to my mouth and watching the movements my  mouth makes when I say them. He can follow most directions. He also recently started answering Yes or No questions sometimes.

This happened  without having any formal speech therapy (no services in the summer ) so I an cautiously trying to gain some optimism. If he made those improvements without help then I am hoping  getting it now will make a huge difference.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: