Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: For those that fear a brain tumor!  (Read 258 times)

Online Kmj023

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
For those that fear a brain tumor!
« on: May 27, 2014, 04:49:11 PM »
I'm seeing a lot of people on here that are afraid they have a brain tumor. I'm still trying to forget it even after a ct scan. But every little thing makes me think of it. Like my cheek will feel numbish, corner of eyes, and I pay so much attention to my walking since I used to feel off balance. That's gotten better however my legs are out of shape from being in bed too long.

So I would like to know what makes you think you have a brain tumor. And have you told your dr your concern. I have. One said I worry too much. Ent showed me clear brain. Google to blame for your fear? That's what happened to me.
Bookmark and Share
"The only illness that we can't accept is hypochondria."

"Never Google, everyone will catch an invisible tumor!"

"Anxiety is not a doctor. Neither is the internet."

Actual diagnosis : chronic sinusitis.
Google diagnosis : brain cancer.

Symptoms : dizzy head feeling.

Offline amyjeannie

• Rec's: 0
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: For those that fear a brain tumor!
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2014, 04:54:50 PM »
Dr. Google is definitely to blame for me! I've had the fear of a brain tumor for about 2 weeks now. It's actually getting better though. It all started when one of my eyes started to become blurry. I wear glasses but I hadn't been wearing them for about a year because I felt like I looked better without them on. Now when I put my glasses on I see worse. I'm not sure if I should call it blurry vision though, it's more like cloudy and hard to read things far away, especially on computer screens!

After my eye started going crazy like that I started having pressure headaches. First they were all over my head and then they were in one spot, right at the top right of my head, just above my eye that is acting up. I started to freak out! I called the eye doctor and I have an appointment for next Wednesday. As the day comes closer I tend to freak out more when I think about it. However, I haven't really had that bad of headaches anymore and my eyes only seem to mess up the worst at night or when I wear makeup.

I have been twitching some lately, like in my right foot and left hand and there are times when I feel a little nauseous but I don't' think they are because of a brain tumor. Thankfully, I have a wonderful support system. That definitely helps!
Bookmark and Share
Philippians 4:4-9

Online Kmj023

Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2014, 04:59:36 PM »
Yes google did same thing to me. I also had that same kind of vision problem. But it's better now cause I've been on Claritin so must have been allergies.  Can you imagine if there was no google? Lol. Makes me wonder of we would still think we had bad diseases.
Bookmark and Share

Offline yesyesno

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2014, 05:22:37 PM »
Google definitely did this to me.  I've been having symptoms for 3 months.  Started exactly like amyjeannie with head pressure all over, then in one concentrated area above my left ear.  I used to listen to streaming radio using the left headset in my iPhone and was convinced it put a tumor in there somewhere.  Then I started getting nauseous, cloudy vision (perfect way to describe it) and lightheaded.  After my tests came back negative I would've been able to believe I didn't have a tumor much easier if Google didn't tell me all my symptoms were those of a BT. After Google, I started having symptoms I read were indicative of a BT. 

Been to numerous doctors who told me I don't have one.  Last Friday went to another neurologist (at major university) because although some symptoms have improved, I still have a head sensation on left side, sore/weak legs from time to time, and nausea (has gotten very mild and rare now) which I would like to get rid of.  She agreed to take a look at my MRI to reassure me, but she said BT patients have much different symptoms.  I haven't heard from her so I assume she didn't find anything crazy yet on the MRI that the radiologist missed, although it was only Friday when I saw her last.  I wouldn't need this reassurance if not for Google...at all.
Bookmark and Share

Offline valleyplayer42

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Pissed
    Pissed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2014, 05:48:47 PM »
I feel off balance like walking on an elevator, every single morning I wake up for 3 months.
Head pressure/pressure behind eyes
Slight headaches on top of head mostly
Random tingling or pins and needles
Arm will fall asleep almost everynight and i'll wake up every 40 minutes thinking the worst, staring around my basement recognizing the off balance feeling... i guess that feeds it, the dizziness will never leave me.

Bookmark and Share

Offline bpadilla49

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2014, 06:22:43 PM »
I started having déjà vu experiences and googles and simple partial seizures came up. I then spoke to a neurologist online through just answer .com and I described it to him and other symptoms I'd been having for years (vertigo lasting a second or two, intense strange smells that aren't there, and now the déjà vu) and he said that it's likely that I'm having seizures and need to get checked out. So I of course freaked out about a brain tumor and he said he does NOT think I have a brain tumor (had a CT scan 2 years ago and a clean neuro exam in my endocrinologist's office) and that the chance this would be from a brain tumor is less then .1%....but I still worry  :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline valleyplayer42

Pissed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2014, 06:24:00 PM »
I started having déjà vu experiences and googles and simple partial seizures came up. I then spoke to a neurologist online through just answer .com and I described it to him and other symptoms I'd been having for years (vertigo lasting a second or two, intense strange smells that aren't there, and now the déjà vu) and he said that it's likely that I'm having seizures and need to get checked out. So I of course freaked out about a brain tumor and he said he does NOT think I have a brain tumor (had a CT scan 2 years ago and a clean neuro exam in my endocrinologist's office) and that the chance this would be from a brain tumor is less then .1%....but I still worry  :(

I have DeJa Vu all the time.
Bookmark and Share

Online Kmj023

Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2014, 06:30:13 PM »
Yesyesno, yes I would have felt better not googling. What did your dr mean when she said brain tumor symptoms are different.

Player, the elevator feeling is what I had. I'm sure you read how it started for me and ended up being my sinuses.
Have you seen an ent? Or a ct scan of sinuses? I know anxiety mimics same symptoms. So it probably very well be anxiety. Were you ok before you started feeling this way or were you having anxiety before these symptoms?
Bookmark and Share

Online Kmj023

Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2014, 06:32:40 PM »
Padilla, he's right. If they are seizures, I doubt it's from a tumor. I would see a neurologist.
Bookmark and Share

Online Kmj023

Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2014, 06:41:17 PM »
Let's look at it logically, we are worried now over same things. We all have had almost the same symptoms. Our drs have all told us that our brain is fine. We have googled and let dr put this into our heads.

Another thing, brain Tumors are rare. There are a lot of others things that are way more common than a brain tumor. But yet we all focus on the evil dramatic dr google. The chances of all of us having a tumor is very rare. We have one thing In common, hypochondria.

I bet we will be laughing one day at how we were worried but right now there's that voice that says gee, I hope you are right!

Like my signature says never google, cause we will all end up with an invisable tumor!
Bookmark and Share

Offline valleyplayer42

Pissed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2014, 06:47:25 PM »
KMJ are your symptoms of unbalance constant? like everyday? maybe some breaks here and there, and how long has yours been lasting? mine is going on 3 months... im going to be trying vehibular exercises, but they kind of make me nauseous
Bookmark and Share

Online Kmj023

Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2014, 06:58:28 PM »
When I was feeling off balance, I felt like the floor was moving underneath me. It started in feb and when I would bend over, it was worse. I felt as if I was on a boat. Was always worse in small rooms and in the shower was hell for me. I could not see my dr until 4 weeks after I got this feeling. I never had any dizziness. Sometimes things did seen like they were bouncing. Like the walls. But more in real small rooms.

I saw my main dr and she said it was my sinuses cause I was having other sinus symptoms. And I was on an antibiotic and that didn't do much. I went from the bouncing feeling to feeling like I was walking on a boat. I felt unsteady even though it was walking straight. I saw ent and she put me on predinsone and another strong antibiotic and within 4 days I was no longer feeling like I was unsteady. And I ended up having a ct scan of my sinuses and head. And she diagnosed me with chronic sinusitis and allergies and said it will throw the vestibular system off.

Now and then I do still feel the floor moving but nothing like it was. And I don't feel it when I walk. Just if I tilt my head down sometimes. But it could be anxiety now. Also my legs have had no exercise since I was in bed so long cause of anxiety. I'm trying to get my legs in shape and put my fears away. And I believe once I can do that, then I will be ok.

Bookmark and Share

Offline yesyesno

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2014, 07:09:00 PM »
I hesitated to say the symptoms my neurologist told me because I don't want anyone to start feeling them.  But she basically said extreme motor issues like limbs aren't functioning properly, very noticeable cognitive issues, failing neurological exams, etc.  She specializes in headaches and sees headache patients all day every day and that is not definitive of a BT at all.  She said BTs are almost always worse in the morning and you cannot sleep through the night with them.  And this is not like valleyplayer waking up thinking the worst (anxiety), but where you wake up and your head feels terrible and you can't sleep. 

I agree that we have allowed Google to make us overthink this. 
Bookmark and Share

Online Kmj023

Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2014, 07:23:56 PM »
That's very reassuring to hear. When she said motor Skills and limbs, was she talking about those that walk and continue to fall down and can't move their arms right. It's pretty much called ataxia. It's when people walk like their legs are crooked and can't even touch their nose standing up.
Bookmark and Share

Offline valleyplayer42

Pissed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2014, 07:55:27 PM »
yesyesno-
 I wonder if dizziness in the middle of the night would count as that.... no headaches though... but literally up every 45 minutes for the last 2 nights.

Bookmark and Share

Tags: