Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Fast growing Fibroid-test tomorrow  (Read 101 times)

Offline ColdHands

• Rec's: 6
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
Fast growing Fibroid-test tomorrow
« on: May 27, 2014, 03:22:01 PM »
Good afternoon fellow phobics!    :angel-smiley-006:

I have been going through some legit health issues this year.  Late last year they found a fibroid in my uterus that was 1.1 cm.  So really small.  I had some very bad abdominal pain in January and went to the ER where they did another transvaginal and found that the little darlinig had grown to about 3 cm.  I went to the gyno, who was ready to do exploratory surgery then to see what was going on.  But I was going through tests for my liver disease so she said they could wait 3 months and test again.

So tomorrow I am going back for another U/S.  I am uptight because of following:  1:  I don't want to have surgery.  If it has grown larger, faster, they will want to do surgery.  2:  If it is growing faster, the chances of it being cancer are higher.  (Yes I know even the faster growing ones are usually 99% benign)  3:  I have an autoimmune liver disease and I may need a liver transplant some day, so if I have cancer, there goes my chance at a liver.  Plus if I don't have cancer but have to get surgery, I will need pain killers, which will irritate my already inflamed liver.   I have come to terms with my liver disease, but this is just another thing that is throwing me for a loop.  I still have to go to a rheumotologist in June to see if I have another disease like Lupus or something. 

Just feeling overwhelmed and my HA (though these are legit concerns) is starting to flare. 
Bookmark and Share
"There is just one more thing that bothers me."  Columbo

Offline mroussa

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Fast growing Fibroid-test tomorrow
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2014, 03:28:31 PM »
I don't know what to say other than my thoughts are with you & I promise you...you are going to be ok.
Bookmark and Share

Offline ColdHands

• Rec's: 6
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2014, 03:35:10 PM »
Thanks for the vote of confidence :)  I haven't been having any symptoms of my fibroid since January.  I hope thats a good sign it isn't getting any bigger
Bookmark and Share
"There is just one more thing that bothers me."  Columbo

Offline mroussa

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2014, 03:37:01 PM »
Like I said, I am sure everything will be A-ok.
You're good!
Bookmark and Share

Offline yesyesno

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2014, 03:42:26 PM »
I don't know how much consolation this will be but I have a rather slow growing fibroid as most women do (well over 50% have fibroids).  But I have TWO friends who had symptomatic fibroids.  They both had surgery around a month ago (ironic, I know), and both went off without a hitch and were back to normal in no time.  I know for sure one of my friend's was quite fast growing, and the big C was nowhere to be found.  So even if you have a symptomatic fast growing thyroid, I'd bet money it's benign.
Bookmark and Share

Offline ivyt73

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2014, 08:34:07 PM »
Try not to worry, a very small amount of fibroids are cancerous.  I just had 8 large fibroids removed via davinci robotic laparascopic surgery 8 weeks ago and I am back to all of my normal stuff.  Worst case scenario you can have a minimally invasive surgery to remove the fibroid and they will test it for cancer (which it won't be) and you will all set.

Ivy
Bookmark and Share

Offline Beth0810

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2014, 09:46:38 PM »
You're completely fine.  Yours are so small!  :). Are you in your 30's?  They can grow really fast in your 30's.  Mine is the size of a 5-6 month pregnancy.  Fibroids are almost never cancer.  They can tell on the ultrasound, usually, by how dense it is.  My thoughts are with you.  Don't stress.  It's completely fine.
Bookmark and Share

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 35
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2014, 12:01:39 AM »
Good luck!  I'm sure it's nothing.  Benign fibroids are so incredibly common.

I actually knew someone whose doctor was 90% sure she had uterine cancer because she was bleeding so drastically and her mass was HUGE.  It was a benign fibroid.  They can be really dramatic! 

Yours in comparison sounds pretty low-key and nonthreatening.  I understand your concerns; I think anyone with your set of circumstances would be worried.  But I doubt you have anything to worry about.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: