Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: New here... Need advice- Deja vu  (Read 101 times)

Offline laurenpaige15

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
New here... Need advice- Deja vu
« on: May 27, 2014, 10:45:23 AM »
I have been reading these boards for years and have finally decided to say something.
When I was 18 I was diagnosed with having anxiety. Typical anxiety stuff- panic attacks, derealization. It was hell! Then about two years ago I felt things shift.  I started having bad deja vus. I went to a neuro and he said my EEG cam back normal. What I am wondering is if anyone here has had problems with deja vu? That is unrelated to TLE. I was fine for about a year and a half and now it's back full fledged.  This is what I feel when it happens:

No weird tastes or smells.  I will be fine then put of nowhere I will feel as if I have done that thing before. That every person I am passing by I have passed before. And then sometimes it is like last night where I'm laying next to my daughter and look over and then a wave of "this has happened before" comes over me.  I have these little "attacks" daily.  And I'm so tired of it. I just want to be normal.  And I am scared to death of a possible TLE diagnosis.   Thanks for reading
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 161
    • Poke This Member
Re: New here... Need advice- Deja vu
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2014, 05:36:38 AM »
The real question is ' what exactly is Deja Vu? ' I do have my own theory. Yes we have done all those things before. Not exactly as we imagine we have done them. But close enough. When we are asleep. Every dream you have is kept buried in your subconscious mind. Now think about when you are awake. There are what I like to call ' dream triggers '. Say you see a red car. The subconscious mind begins to throw images at us of everything is has about the colour red and about cars. Our mind has to process all of this. In doing so it makes us believe we have been here before with these exact same events. I just believe it is dream related and other things the subconscious mind has taken in. Then it throws them back at us. Thus we have this feeling of Deja Vu.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline Rob783

• Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2014, 08:32:53 AM »
You said you had derealization attacks before... couldn't this just be another form of that?  Or your just being hyper vigilant to senses you've experienced before, meaning since your mind is focused on deja vu you'd be more likely to loosely associate past events.
Bookmark and Share

Offline laurenpaige15

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2014, 09:58:49 PM »
I do think I am always on guard if you will for these feelings.  I had such a good day today and was sitting outside with a friend and out of nowhere I had another deja vu attack. This time it was more of a memory of an event I know didn't happen. And I was so hard trying to remember the time I was thinking of.   It's just so scary.  I wish I could just be normal!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: