Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Disturbing nightmare, can't go back to sleep  (Read 142 times)

Offline Anxiousmind77

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Disturbing nightmare, can't go back to sleep
« on: May 27, 2014, 06:34:13 AM »
Hi guys. Hope all is well.

I wanted to create this post since I just had one of the worst nightmares I have ever had. It's 6:30 am and now I can't even fall back asleep. Usually when I have a nightmare it just kinda ruins my whole day. But today is not just any ol day to get ruined. It's my birthday! So let's hope after writing this I can get a few more hours of sleep and enjoy the day.

My nightmare went like this

Me and my sister were in my moms back yard (which wasn't her real backyard in my dream). My sister looks through the window w terror. I look and kinda see ( it was fuzzy and did not see clearly) but knew that my mother was being stabbed, a lot. It was by a masked person. My sister runs off and I follow her into the house. We then proceed to try to kill this person that just killed my mother. It turns out this masked person is a woman, an unknown woman. In my dream she was stabbing me as I was trying to stab her. I remember in my dream she cut my wrists and stomach. I could feel the pain in my wrists. My dream ended by us killing this woman ( I think). And me getting into bed w my sister scared and bloody and we lied down together.

Ughhhh this is def. one of the most scary, disturbing nightmares I have ever had! I really wish it didn't happen because like I said it tends ruin my whole day! Being that it's my bday I hAve plans and such, and I just want to enjoy it.

So does anyone have any insight or advise as to how to just shake this thing off? Or if you would like to share a nightmare of your own please do :) take care everyone.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 169
    • Poke This Member
Re: Disturbing nightmare, can't go back to sleep
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2014, 06:47:58 AM »
First thing to remember is that it was only a dream. I am not sure if you have any past history with self harm? Cutting and the likes. Or thoughts of losing a loved one? Losing a loved one is a common fear with people who suffer from anxiety. And we do dream of things we fear. Could just have a simple fear you hold coming out in the form of a dream. But one thing in the dream is that fought back. I would say that would be you in real life. Not giving up. Fighting back. Protecting people you love. Fighting back against your anxiety too. It can all play out in a weird way in our dreams. It was most certainly a lucid dream. With a lucid dream you are part asleep and part awake. If pain is involved it can seem real. Like you are feeling it. But I would opt for the dear of losing the loved one and you doing all you can to protect those around you.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline Anxiousmind77

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Disturbing nightmare, can't go back to sleep
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2014, 07:08:07 AM »
HiCuchculan, thanks for the response. I haven't had any pAst history w self harm. Butihave always had a weird feeling about my wrist. Lol. Like they are so fragile and open and stuff so maybe that's where that came from. Idk. I don't want to look to deep because frankly I'd rather just forget it. But it was def a very vivid dream. Thanks though I feel a little better after calming down and writing this.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: