Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: One thing after another...  (Read 316 times)

Offline Reallyworried93

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
One thing after another...
« on: May 26, 2014, 04:05:05 PM »
I am sorry to keep posting on here :(
I have never been diagnosed with health anxiety which gets me thinking is my symptoms down to 'anxiety' or could it be something worse?
At the moment my symptoms are as follows...
- tight heavy feeling in my chest
- feeling dizzy and slightly off balance most of the time
- feeling like my breathing isn't right, sometimes to relaxed sometimes to manic
- legs and arms sometimes feel like there not attatched to me
- lump in throat feeling but higher up
- vibrating feeling in my head
- constantly feeling like I'm destined to die soon

The last one on the list is really bugging me :( it feels like I can't plan anything and anything I do I'm worried May lead to a diagnosis of the cancer I'm convinced in dying of, so I'll avoid doing little things like sendin a text because I'll be thinking "if I send that, I might collapse then they will find my brain tumour and that will be the message they remember me by'
It's awful! I had a daydream about being diagnoses with a brain tumour and it was so in depth that I've convinced myself one day it will come true then I will remember back to the day I had the daydream! I can't enjoy planning anything for the future because I don't know if I'll be alive then, i feel like I'm losing my mind always thinking about when they finally find the brain tumour :( anyone else experience this constant feeling?

I know I keep posting, but everyone in my life are getting sick of hearing about it and reassuring me :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 35
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: One thing after another...
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2014, 04:34:01 AM »
That last one is a bitch, isn't it?  I've felt like that before.  I'm afraid to be happy because I think it means something bad will happen immediately after. 

But really, it and everything else is anxiety, possibly a form of OCD.  I would honestly recommend seeing a mental health professional and telling them everything you just told us. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 64
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2014, 07:51:21 AM »
I agree with mollyfin; it may be good to see a mental health care professional.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Offline Reallyworried93

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2014, 03:32:16 PM »
I'm bookin an appointment for this week, I'm starting to feel like I'm waiting to die and it's awful!
I don't want to die and it's all I can think about :/
It's reassuring to know someone else has felt this to I feel like I'm going crazy :( x
Bookmark and Share

Offline mollyfin

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2014, 12:24:13 AM »
I know how you feel.  But it's in your head, not the rest of your body.  Try and find good distractions until your appointment; that helps me sometimes.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Reallyworried93

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2014, 05:33:15 PM »
Hey, just a little update, I had my doctors appointment today and they have refereed me for some counselling, hopefully this will help! Xx
Bookmark and Share

Offline Toasted Butter

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2014, 06:30:57 PM »
Great to hear that you are moving forward on this. I'm sure the counseling will be helpful. Your original post has all the signs of classic Generalized Anxiety and Health Anxiety. The last one on your list was the first symptom I can remember; in fact, it's one of the first memories I have! I was either 3 or 4 because I was in preschool, and suddenly I just knew I was going to die. I had no logical reason to think so, but I just couldn't shake it. They ended up sending me home, my mom made chicken soup, and eventually I realized I would probably be okay, but it was so vivid that I still remember it 40 years later. You could say that I have never known what it's like NOT to have anxiety. But the good news is, it's been 40 years since I knew I was going to die... and I haven't died yet!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Reallyworried93

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2014, 09:23:01 AM »
Thank you I'm hoping it helps! When I think back mine started when my friend died when I was about 10, she had cancer and died of an aneurysm in her stomach, a year later my best friends dad died from cancer, he had a brain tumour and when I saw him just before he passed away it petrified me, I remember making my mum take me to the doctors because I had a bump on my head and I thought it was a tumour (dramatic I know).
A year ago someone I knew from school died from a brain tumour to, so part of me wonders if this could be the reason for my fears.
I've always looked at things and thought "imagine If I knew I was dying and I was in this situation"

It's bizarre.
Do you get a feeling of feeling weak? I'm always feeling like my legs and arms aren't working properly and are somehow weak Lthough I can complete tasks with them fine.
It's strange, the physical symptoms make me feel like something must be up.
Bookmark and Share

Offline JCtitan

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2014, 07:17:06 AM »
I'm feeling that way as I'm typing this... same situation smh.
Bookmark and Share

Offline mollyfin

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2014, 02:52:36 PM »
Thank you I'm hoping it helps! When I think back mine started when my friend died when I was about 10, she had cancer and died of an aneurysm in her stomach, a year later my best friends dad died from cancer, he had a brain tumour and when I saw him just before he passed away it petrified me, I remember making my mum take me to the doctors because I had a bump on my head and I thought it was a tumour (dramatic I know).
A year ago someone I knew from school died from a brain tumour to, so part of me wonders if this could be the reason for my fears.

Any one of these situations could be a catalyst for health anxiety - living through all of that, no wonder you have it!  I'm glad you're getting counseling and I hope it helps you. 

And yeah, feeling weak/like you're not moving right happens with anxiety.  It's scary but not harmful.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: