Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Could really use some advice... My life is tanking : (  (Read 231 times)

Offline pb

• Rec's: 2
    • Poke This Member
Could really use some advice... My life is tanking : (
« on: May 26, 2014, 01:47:06 PM »
I've had health anxiety for about 11 years and I'm to the point now where I be burned every bridge in my life. I don't talk to friends anymore, my husband and I are on the verge of a divorce and I spend more than half if my day thinking I have cancer. I really live like I have no future and I'm very lonely. I have the same pains for about seven years and now I'm adding more symptoms. I use to go to drs all the time but then I realized I was getting way too many scans that will probably cause cancer if I didn't have it to begin with. I'm pathetic, depressed, and feel unworthy of love. Feel like I'm just waiting to die. My symptoms are pain, tightness under and around left rib cage. It worsens after eating and exercising. Sometimes it feels like I have a rubberband around my left ribs. I also get a noise now from that same location. It sounds like a creeking boat. If I press down on my left side abdomen I can replicate the noise. I also have had chronic post nasal drip after I had to sinus infections in a row. There is always blood in my post nasal drip. I've been to primary in feb who did exam and blood work which came back perfect. I went to gi who just said ibs and thought a colonoscopy would be over kill. Went to Ent who said I have chronic sinitis. I however think I have sinus cancer, lung cancer and colon cancer. Probably one that spread. I hate my life. I hate what I have become
Bookmark and Share

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 64
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
    • Poke This Member
Re: Could really use some advice... My life is tanking : (
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2014, 01:59:06 PM »
I heard the other day on a local natural health radio show that stomach and digestive issues
can cause sinus issues, IBS, etc. Health anxiety can be a bear and it can destroy many things if
you let it. I would see a counselor and have a talk with your husband ad try to get things
straightened out. We all fear cancer and I have known quite a number of people who have had it and
they survived. My neighbor had Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma, my daughters friend had Hodgkins Lymphoma,
a guy who I grew up with had colon cancer twice and his wife breast cancer twice, another neighbor had
a lung carcinoid tumor, another guy I grew up with has Lymphoma, another guy I grew up with had
prostate cancer at a very young age, and the list goes on.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Offline anxiouskathie

• Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 210
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2014, 02:41:34 PM »
Hi pb,

As marc above stated, cancer is no longer a death sentence......

You've said yourself that your issue is mainly health anxiety, and that's a tough one, but it does not have to be debilitating!! 

I do hope that you are seeing a counselor that is helping you to cope with some of these things and helping you to seek reassurance from yourself.  I know there are days that we feel we just can't go on, but believe it or not, you are a strong person and far from pathetic.  You are simply struggling right now. 

As I say to most folks, try to take slow steps, one day at a time, to spend a little time concentrating on the positives in your life (I KNOW there are some) and slowly take walks outdoors, refresh your mind with some goodness of the outdoors....take photos outdoors, take short walks, just sit outdoors and sip some tea.....all things good for refreshness!!!! 

Just remember, YOU can make these changes.....just be aware of the changes you are making and congratulate yourself each step of the way!  I know you can do this and I'm pulling for you!!!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 36
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2014, 04:37:19 AM »
I would suggest counseling both for you and you and your husband together.  What we go through is so hard on us and so hard on our loved ones.  No shame in getting the help necessary to get through it.
Bookmark and Share

Offline mhmommy

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2014, 03:37:29 PM »
tried to pm you and am at my limit.
sounds like our situations very similar.
I am going to do 2 dna tests as a start see what damage
has been done. then we can treat from there
or be aware. my husband about done too; it's hard for
me to imagine being myself - we're closing on a house soon
and I told him we shouldn't..that we will likely
not work out so this will make it tougher.
Bookmark and Share

Offline ColdHands

• Rec's: 6
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • Warm heart, strong mind, struggling liver
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2014, 03:58:33 PM »
I know this is hard to think about right now, but you need to do something, anything to get your mind on somethinge else.  I am blessed that my HA never got to this point, due to Gods help, a mother who never gave up on me and examples in my life of what real disease was and what it wasn't.

Even if its a few moments, you need to go outside, look up at the sky, take a deep breath, walk around a bit.  Look at the things that are good.  If you truly are sick and dying and you need to relish every minute.  People who obsess about their situation seldom live through serious disease.  My mother had Hodgekins Lymphoma in the 70s when it WAS a death sentence.  She had it throughout her body.  She kept a positive attitude, prayed and forged on.  She was healed of her disease.  A lady she knew, how had it far less serious than she did, died, because of her attitude.

I know that sounds harsh, but I have a disease myself that could take my life.  I was like you (in my youth) and wasted so much time.  I was lucky to have an understanding husband and friends, who never gave up on me.  You absolutely need help from someone that isn't a family member.  You need someone that can give you an objective view of your life. 

If you have had all these tests, you aren't dying.  But if you were, really knew it, you would be very surprised how your HA suddenly went away.  When its confirmed, yes you are a dying, its a whole different ball game.  Suddenly you "get your mind right"

Don't wait for that to happen.
Bookmark and Share
"There is just one more thing that bothers me."  Columbo

Tags: