Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Paradox  (Read 73 times)

Offline Niceguy237

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Paradox
« on: May 26, 2014, 12:21:38 PM »
I thought I was doing something good by working out.  Most people claim exercise can help with anxiety.  So I do 2 workouts a week and a 3rd intense one with a trainer.  The intense ones have been causing me some 2-3 days of soreness and recovery.  This of course intensifies my anxiety as I am worried about nueromuscular diseases and my hands are sore, shoulders, upper legs, and I am getting more sporadic twitches than normal.  In my mind, it feels like I shouldn't be this sore, but I'm most worried about my hands, although I was pulling weight on a rope quite a bit.  But overall just driving my mind insane. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 15
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
    • Poke This Member
Re: Paradox
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2014, 05:07:02 PM »
Normal to be sore after working out - also to get the twitches.  I get twitches after working out also.  (and then sore muscle groups from whichever group I was working on)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Niceguy237

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2014, 06:00:28 PM »
I hear ya - my hands being sore is what set my anxiety off.  My palms are quite sore - I was pulling on a rope so I am hoping that's what it is and that it isn't wasting setting in
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 15
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2014, 06:49:07 PM »
Was it a real "rough" rope (with the knots on the ends)?  They can do a number on your hands - make the red, etc.
Bookmark and Share

Offline NytViolet

• Rec's: 4
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2014, 07:07:29 PM »
A paradox indeed!  Same as when I was going through a certain cancer fear, I was afraid to stick to my diet, because if I actually LOST WEIGHT, I would attribute it to "cancer" instead of my 900 calorie per day diet and the calories I was burning with relentless stressing LOL. We HA-ers are an odd breed, but (amongst our small, disturbed group) we are VERY much alike.  I'm now 49, but back when I was 32, I was running 3 miles per day, playing tennis on the weekends and lifting weights. I began having electrical buzzing sensations, twitches, perceived weakness in my legs and would continuously examine my arms, legs and hands in the mirror to see if one were smaller than the other (of COURSE one was smaller!  everybody has one leg/foot/hand that is larger than the other!)  When I began noticing that I was having trouble emptying my bladder, I hit the roof. After multiple visits to the neurologists and GP, I was finally found to have 1) Benign fasciculation syndrome and 2) Fibromyalgia.  It all began 17 years ago... gee, I thought I'd be dead by now!  By the Grace of God, I've managed to remain relatively healthy, work full time, and am surrounded by loving family and friends.  Do I still have major set-backs -- ABSOLUTELY.  But I know they will pass.  Be Blessed!
Bookmark and Share
God does not give us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7

Offline yesyesno

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2014, 08:28:21 PM »
I'm having the same problem...except I started getting soreness/weakness before I began working out regularly.  Now my doctor has told me I need to workout regularly, but now I have no way of discerning whether I am sore because of the workout or for whatever reason I was sore before.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: