Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: What is going on with me?!  (Read 195 times)

Offline Brittney.kerby0510

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
What is going on with me?!
« on: May 26, 2014, 07:55:52 AM »
I hope someone can give me insight on this, know what I'm going through, have experienced this or just tell me I really am going crazy like I feel I am..... This is really hard to describe, so if it doesn't make sense, I'm sorry. As I'm sitting in the passenger seat of our car typing this, I'm fully aware that I'm doing this, I understand we are driving down the highway headed home after a mini vacation for Memorial Day, but I just don't feel all here..... I feel lik I'm going crazy on the inside. I feel sorta spacey almost.
Another instance: my husband and I were driving out of town on Friday night, it was late, I was tired, my anxiety was a little bad. We had been talking, everything was fine for the most part, but he had said something to me, I heard him, I repeated back what he said to me but I couldn't understand what he was saying. It was like I lost all train of thought, had no idea what we were talking about, like I was in a dream almost.
Has anyone ever felt this way? Know what I'm experiencing? I'm freaking out bad, feel somewhat dizzy or just spacey now, feel like I'm going insane to say the least and feel like I need to go check myself I'm somewhere. Please help!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 16
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
Re: What is going on with me?!
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2014, 05:12:38 PM »
Just depersonalization... "sense of unreality".  TOTALLY common with anxiety!  You feel like you are observing yourself and things going on around you from a distance.   Once I walked into the locker room at the gym and it looked WEIRD!  Like I've never been there before!   Scared me because I even forgot what locker I put my stuff in!  I felt like I wasn't there.    I've had that feeling before so I didn't obsess over it and it never happened again (this was several years ago), but it's all from the "anxious" mind.
Bookmark and Share

Offline WishfullnHopefull

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2014, 09:44:42 PM »
Yes this is anxiety can suddenly come on with a thought or be there anyway even when not anxious nothing to be afraid about its common and completely harmless almost everyone with anxiety gets this and you are not crazy
Bookmark and Share

Offline corwin

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2014, 11:46:31 PM »
yep, this sounds exactly like depersonalization. i had this for months at a time because i kept worrying about what it was. how i got over it was telling myself that it's my brain's way of protecting me and calming me down. when you get depersonalization, it's sort of your brain telling you that it's tired and overworked from being anxious all the time, so it goes into an almost auto-pilot mode, hence the spacey/unreal feeling you get. it's completely harmless and WILL go away with time, trust me.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Brittney.kerby0510

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2014, 05:05:15 PM »
thank you all so very much for your replies!!!!!!!!!!! I read about depersonalization, it just didn't seem like that is what it was. its a very weird feeling though.... don't like it one bit!
Bookmark and Share

Offline famv5

• Mood: Content
    Content
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2014, 06:29:11 PM »
I'm glad you mentioned this.   I didn't realize that was anxiety related.   Recently, I drove my kids to a soccer game to a place I wasn't really familiar with but when I left to go home, I had a moment where I had no idea where I was.  It took a moment or two to think and replay the whole drive of where I was.  It was a scary feeling.
Bookmark and Share
"Our anxiety does not empty tomorrow of its sorrows, but only empties today of its strengths" - Charles H. Spurgeon

Offline BrambleRamble93

• Mood: Content
    Content
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2014, 08:04:49 PM »
Yeah, depersonalization is way weird.  Use to happen to me all the time. It has pretty much gone away over time. I use to try and occupy my mind when I started feeling it like with a physical activity or just remembering things from my childhood to remind myself that it all has happened.

Yeah don't worry about it. If you feel depersonalized then you are TOO aware of things to be crazy =p
Bookmark and Share
If you put water into a cup it becomes the cup, if you put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle, if you put it into a teapot it becomes the teapot. Water can flow or it can crash.  Be water my friend.  - Bruce Lee

Tags: