Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: New here and looking for some help/advice...  (Read 79 times)

Online braves0042

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
New here and looking for some help/advice...
« on: May 26, 2014, 03:23:25 AM »
Hi everyone, new here to these forums and looking for some help. It was really weird how everything happened to me. About a month ago a few days before my 26th birthday, i had just got done working out in my basement, then shortly after i went into the shower, and while i was in the shower a weird horrible feeling just came over me, i felt so out of body and so weird, it was like that feeling that hit me was trying to tell me something is wrong with me. The feeling was sort of like a panic attack but not with the whole package per say... it was more of this strong impending doom feeling with diziness and all of a sudden i felt out of body and so weird. Since then the feeling has stuck with me 24/7 although it has eased up a tiny bit, following all that i started becoming really emotional and losing interest in things i have always liked and have become irritable, had some crying spells and just have NOT felt like myself at all. its like iv'e become some emotional wreck, and the physical symptoms like headaches, diziness, numbness, chills, twitching, eye sight hasn't felt right, all of that has not helped me ease up either. Before all this happened i was never really a stressed person, i mean i had mild stress socially and mild anxiety such as worrying about jobs and school or things like making sure i turned the stove off completely at night. so the feeling just came out of nowhere and ever since then i have felt horribly sick and emotional and im not sure what could be going on with me. i saw 2 doctors in the past month who looked me over such as checking the eyes, nose, throat, ears and all that and they didn't seem to be concerned at all. I had blood work done last year and that came back ok, but i am still gonna go get a physical within the next week or so. Its just crazy how this hit me out of nowhere and im wondering if anyone else has had experiences like this or similar, i feel like im crazy and sick at the same time, constantly 24/7 brain fog, feeling out of it all the time, feeling angry,  random feelings of fear just hit me out of nowhere several times a day and are horrible. So im just looking to see if anyone has had anything like this go on, because it really sucks. Thanks everyone I appreciate it.
Bookmark and Share

Online crikee57

• Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 68
  • Mood: Sleepy
    Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: New here and looking for some help/advice...
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2014, 05:35:48 AM »
Hi Braves,

Let me first say welcome to the forum.  It is great to have you as a member.  This is a wonderful place to get advice and support from people going through similar situations.  The members here are very helpful. It is nice to know we are not alone.

I had my first panic attack when I was 26 years old.  It truly hit out of nowhere for me too.  It led me to a sting of doctor visits and a few tests just to verify that all was ok.  I still remeber that night.  I was up the whole night with that feeling of impending doom, heart racing, hands numb, head feeling off, dizziness, and not feeling like I could focus right.  It was one terrible and I had no idea what was going on.  It wasn't until about 5 years later when my Panic Disorder really kicked in that I found out what had happened that night.  It has been years of dealing with GAD and panic for me, but I can tell you that with therapy it can get better.  I highly recommend CBT (Cognitive Behavioral Therapy).  It can teach you the tools to cope with thw anxiety and to learn acceptance which by far has been the most useful tool for me.  You aren't alone.  There are many of us who have dealt with just what you describe.  I hope you find the help and support you are looking for here on the site.

Feel free to explore the forum.  There are lots of useful topics to read.  Feel free to post and ask questions.  If you have specific concerns or questions start a topic in the appropriate section to get the best feedback. There is also a chat room for members 18 years and older that you can access once you have made three meaningful posts in the forum. 

Again welcome to our community.
Bookmark and Share
It's not what's in front of us that stops us.  It's what's inside that holds us back.

Tags: anxiety