Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: length of time to recover from anxiety  (Read 136 times)

Offline perc19

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
length of time to recover from anxiety
« on: May 25, 2014, 01:40:08 PM »
Hi everyone,

I haven't been on here for a while, but feel worried again, I have started anxiety management, couldn't go last week, but thought it was helping. Anyway my fear was brain tumour because of headaches, head rushes, dizziness, nausea etc, doctor said it was GAD and anxiety. Anyway thought I was getting there, headaches easing, nausea easing, head rushes once a fortnight instead of 3-4 times a day, but here I am after 2 days of head painms on same side as before and I have felt off balance for a while, not full dizziness yet, but just off balance - not nice.

So after now 8 months of all of this, how long will it take to go and if I feel calmer than I did in Jan or even last october and I'm eating better, how long will it take for these symptoms to stop if it is just anxiety???? I'm getting concerned that the doctors have palmed ot off as anxiety when in actual fact I do have something seriously wrong.

I hate all of these feelins and when I get them I worry more, should I get these symptoms even if I don't feel anxious?
Bookmark and Share

Online anxiouskathie

• Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 209
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: length of time to recover from anxiety
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2014, 03:17:58 PM »
So sorry to say this, but anxiety can often times be a continual work in progress.  You need to be mindful of what you are doing and learn to distract when you feel symptoms come on if you can.  Are you taking meds? A lot of folks take meds for anxiety and seem to do extremely well with those keeping the symptoms at bay.  If you are taking meds, perhaps talk to your doctor and let them know they aren't making the anxiety quite go away just yet.

It often helps to listen to relaxation audio, which you can find for free on the internet and also free to download on some phones.  I know it's no fun having the anxiety, but you'll find something that works for you to help it subside.  You just have to keep trying until you find what works for you.

I wish you the best with this!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline perc19

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2014, 02:12:00 PM »
Hello,

Many many thanks for your reply - I am on 40mg of beta blockers and I do believe they have helped, I don't get the panic attacks as often and will continue anxiety management and then CBT when there is a space. Some days I don't feel as anxious and I wonder how and why I still get these feelins and pains in my head and heart palps. I do still have worries and negative thoughts on a daily basis. It just scares me that I can still get these feelings and pains.

Bookmark and Share

Online anxiouskathie

• Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 209
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2014, 02:23:35 PM »
So sorry to hear that you are still suffering!!!  However, on the bright side, you say you are feeling a bit better since starting your beta blockers, which is awesome!!!  I always hang on to those good days and try to remember them when I'm not feeling so good, just to let myself know that "hey, there are good days!"  Try to replace those bad days with thoughts from the good days....it does help!!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: