Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Im new here and desperately need help, think i have colon cancer 19 years old :(  (Read 1961 times)

Offline danielvarian

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I may not even bother going to the GI exam.
If it kills me it kills me.
Bookmark and Share

Offline vardnas

• Rec's: 95
    • Poke This Member
Daniel, I know you're struggling, but you sound a tad dramatic. You're not going to die. You're a perfectly healthy 19 year old who DOES NOT have colon cancer. You most likely have IBS with a side of anxiety. Has your doctor mentioned anything about possible anxiety treatment?

You're in the thick of it right nowówe all have been there at one point or anotheróand it's up to you how to proceed. Just know that repeated doctors' visits, medical tests, and googling are all behaviors that will cause your anxiety to increase even if in the short term they make you feel better.

If you're going to look up health info online, look up anxiety, how it works, and how it effects the body. You would be AMAZED at what it can do and how real those symptoms are. What you're dealing with with IBS are TAME in comparison to what anxiety can sometimes do. Hell, search these boards and you'll find post after post of people experiencing similar things.
Bookmark and Share
In case anyone is still confused:  googling your symptoms will cause you to remain in a state of extreme anxiety. Stepping away from the internet is the first step toward lasting peace.

Offline danielvarian

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Im not being dramatic, i have lost 8 pounds in 5 weeks and I am convinced it is colon cancer.
I wont have my blood test till tuesday and the results till the following week.
Bookmark and Share

Offline danielvarian

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
And if my liver enzymes show up bad.
Means it has spread and im gonna die.
Bookmark and Share

Offline PsalmSeven

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
You're losing weight because you're not eating because of the IBS and anxiety. When I get scared I lose my appetite and lose weight too. Do the GI exam, and let it put your fears to rest ok?
Bookmark and Share

Offline danielvarian

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
The problem is.
The doc said this GI app could take months to come.
Bookmark and Share

Offline PsalmSeven

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Yeah, that does stink. :/ But the reason for the wait is probably because your case is considered low priority. Because it's so much more likely just IBS, and by the time that appointment comes you'll be feeling better anyway.
Bookmark and Share

Offline danielvarian

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
No the reason that is is because i have no medical insurance and I have a medical card.

Ie.
A waiting list of about 6 months.
So ill probably die before then anyway because I can feel something in my tailbone.
Bookmark and Share

Offline PsalmSeven

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Ah, sorry, I don't live in Ireland so I guess I'm not familiar with how that works. Either way though it's really very likely you'll be fine, and that something on your tailbone is not cancer. Keep us updated.
Bookmark and Share

Offline danielvarian

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I have told my parents I will be dead in a few months. My tailbone is tingling and painful when I have to do a bm.
Im dead.
Bookmark and Share

Offline danielvarian

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I really dont know how to feel about this anymore.
Bookmark and Share

Offline danielvarian

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Bookmark and Share

Offline Rubbr_Dukkie

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Ask yourself this...

Why cancer? ... Why are you convinced you have cancer?

How many people on here have had similiar or even worse problems than you, and are just fine?

In fact, last night I was awoken up by my stomach hurting incredibly bad.. I broke out in chills, my entire body was trembling, my stomach hurt so bad I could hardly stand it

I went to the bathroom and 20 mins later I was fine... Just IBS.

I one time had a fever so high I didn't know where I was, it was just a bad flu.

So... Why cancer? Why not something else?

And if all these stories you'd googled where young people died within a week , wouldn't you already be gone by now? Not sitting here worrying?

Do your symptoms ever go away when your feeling good? Do u ever forget about them?

I also had extreme back pain, tingling all over my legs, arms.. I thought I had MS or even ALS... Turns out I just had a pinched nerve. Went to the chiropractor and never been better.

Trust me, your FINE :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline danielvarian

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Ask yourself this...

Why cancer? ... Why are you convinced you have cancer?

How many people on here have had similiar or even worse problems than you, and are just fine?

In fact, last night I was awoken up by my stomach hurting incredibly bad.. I broke out in chills, my entire body was trembling, my stomach hurt so bad I could hardly stand it

I went to the bathroom and 20 mins later I was fine... Just IBS.

I one time had a fever so high I didn't know where I was, it was just a bad flu.

So... Why cancer? Why not something else?

And if all these stories you'd googled where young people died within a week , wouldn't you already be gone by now? Not sitting here worrying?

Do your symptoms ever go away when your feeling good? Do u ever forget about them?

I also had extreme back pain, tingling all over my legs, arms.. I thought I had MS or even ALS... Turns out I just had a pinched nerve. Went to the chiropractor and never been better.

Trust me, your FINE :)

I think i may have a tumor pressing on my bladder that started out all the urinary symptoms and its terrifying me :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline danielvarian

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I get pains in my hips,legs,back,abdomen.
Cant complete bowel movements.
Bookmark and Share