Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Im new here and desperately need help, think i have colon cancer 19 years old :(  (Read 2425 times)

Offline Lindsay2427

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
    • Poke This Member
I have never had IBS but during my extreme CC anxiety and 2 weeks leading up to my colposcopy I had a huge change in bowel habbits. I had very thin stools that were soft and thin, yes almost pencil thin stools during my extreme CC fear. I have always been more of a constipated hard lumpy stool kind of gal (tmi) but during that horrible horrible anxiety I was having a whole mess of different bowel movements soft, skinny, yellowish, semi runny you name it. I also had a lot of gas and very loud digestion. All anxiety. I even had BLOOD in my stools that's right bright red blood for 15 months periodically. I like you spent every waking hour on googling trading stories about people my age with CC. I made my self I'll. I was convinced I had it no doubt. I was a horrible mother to my 4 children and I horrible wife to my amazing husband because for a year I had my face in google reading about CC, DAILY. Guess what??? I wasted 15 months of my life over it. I was proven by a doctor to not have it. Trust me Daniel I still struggle daily with health anxiety. I was in the grocery store today walking the freezer isle thinking what if I started having a hard attack right here in this isle?? Seriously I'm a wreck and sadly have lived my while life this way. You are 19. Please seek help for your anxiety. I am still in the process. I have 4 young children so it isn't as easy. I say I'm 99% sure you don't have CC. I know you are like me you want us to day you 100% don't have it but we can't only a doctor can. I really think you need to get a colonoscopy and put this to bed. Save this stress for when you are 60 or 70 and need to me more cautious of pain, not your teens and early adult life.
Bookmark and Share

Offline WishfullnHopefull

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
i am 18 years old danny and had the same fear i had mucus and blood when i wiped doctor said anxiety and stress can cause diaorhia as for mucus ibs the blood well hemriods due to constipation from anxeity nothing to worry about the doctor said he wasnt even guna do a check because he said theres no point wasting time your fine
Bookmark and Share

Offline danielvarian

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Im so sorry guys im just freaking out due to losing like 7 pounds because since all this started i cant even eat :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline danielvarian

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I keep thinking i have a blocked colon due to gas getting stuck at random places in my tummy :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline danielvarian

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
ANDI dont think that IBS symtpoms are constant,ie for the last week.
Bookmark and Share

Offline nole23

• Rec's: 7
    • Poke This Member
Dan you're still fine. Trust your doc. If anything sinister was goings on something in your blood would have been off. But your tests were perfect! You're healthy mate, honestly as soon as you believe it your stomach will improve. Don't google. People love to put rare scary stories on google. You have nothing to worry about with all those clean tests. Great news, try some deep breathing and clean eating, I sound like a hippie but it works!
Bookmark and Share

Offline danielvarian

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Why the hell do i have an ache and pressure feeling in my tailbone!!! :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline danielvarian

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Ive also lost 7 or 8 pounds due to not eating much :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline ShawnW

• Rec's: 22
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I agree with your GP, this is likely IBS.  Colon Ca in a 19 yo is almost unheard of.  The only way I would be concerned is if you had a family history of people under 30 with colon cancer.  Even then with your history of anxiety the likelihood of this being IBS is broaching 99%.
I keep reading stories about 19 year olds who have got colon cancer and died due to their GP's mis diagnosis.
and the way the urinary symptoms started i cant get the thought out of my head of a tumor pressing on my bladder and pushing my tailbone outwards :(
(causing me to not empty my bowels or causing pain in my tailbone)

Then stop reading those stories.  First, you have no idea if they are true.  Second, reading stories about mathematical anomalies, cases that would make medical journals is just plain insane.  Why would you do that to yourself when there is a mathematically probable explanation staring at you in your face?
Bookmark and Share
My insight, thoughts, experiences or advice that may be posted in this forum are not meant as a substitution for the advice of your physician.

Want to know how to address your anxiety?
http://www.anxietyzone.com/index.php/topic,93402.msg521266.html#msg521266

Offline danielvarian

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member

Then stop reading those stories.  First, you have no idea if they are true.  Second, reading stories about mathematical anomalies, cases that would make medical journals is just plain insane.  Why would you do that to yourself when there is a mathematically probable explanation staring at you in your face?

Then what is the mathematicall explanation to this?
Bookmark and Share

Offline PsalmSeven

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Danny, I'm so sorry you're going through this. I know you're panicking and I know that feeling well, because I panic over my health also. It's a really dark place to be. It's even worse when you have physical symptoms, as you do now... Your mind tries so hard to explain the discomfort and usually comes up with the worst possible thing.

That story you read about the girl with the misdiagnosis, that kind of thing is incredibly rare. The chances of you having cancer of any kind are so slim it's not even worth thinking about. Your symptoms and test results all scream IBS.

I'm not sure if this will help, but sometimes it helps me to take this kind of thinking and flip it around. Imagine that the .000001% chance you're worrying about is instead something really good... Like imagine you just bought a lottery ticket and have a .000001% chance of winning a billion dollars. Would you be as certain about winning the lottery as you are that you have cancer? Not very likely, right? Your mind has a way of warping your perception and magnifying the thing you fear, so it seems like a much bigger threat than it is. And the physical discomfort you're feeling only makes it worse, because it gives you something real and tangible to link that awful fear to.

But what you're feeling is IBS. It's not cancer. Your biggest problem right now is that fear is getting to you and it's lying to you and making you miserable. You're a lot better off than you think. Truly!
Bookmark and Share

Offline danielvarian

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I just got back from the doctor again and hes ordering blood tests for celiac, liver and bone, and if nothing shows up hes sending me to a GI.

Said it isnt impossible for me to have CC.

Absolutely fucking terrified :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline PsalmSeven

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Ok so in his opinion it's not impossible, but it's still not probable. AT ALL.
Bookmark and Share

Offline danielvarian

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Ok so in his opinion it's not impossible, but it's still not probable. AT ALL.

I was saying the way it spread to the bowel from my bladder and he said most likely its anxiety.
Bookmark and Share

Offline PsalmSeven

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Exactly. You'd be surprised at what anxiety can do, how much pain it can cause. Or at least enhance.
Bookmark and Share