Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Im new here and desperately need help, think i have colon cancer 19 years old :(  (Read 2085 times)

Online Lindsay2427

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
    • Poke This Member
Great news on the blood work. CC can't really be diagnosised or ruled out by blood work alone however if it was advanced enough to show symptoms such as pain and change in bowel habits its likely something would also be off with your blood work such as low iron or liver enzymes because it almost always goes to the liver. Relax. You are 19 young and healthy. You have had multiple medical tests and blood work to prove it.
Bookmark and Share

Offline danielvarian

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Great news on the blood work. CC can't really be diagnosised or ruled out by blood work alone however if it was advanced enough to show symptoms such as pain and change in bowel habits its likely something would also be off with your blood work such as low iron or liver enzymes because it almost always goes to the liver. Relax. You are 19 young and healthy. You have had multiple medical tests and blood work to prove it.

She said my iron was perfect, red blood cells,white,platlets etc were all good.
Plus when i had the abdominal ultrasound it showed my liver as perfectly healthy (starting to lay off the booze due to this new problem) and (due to the belly i have gotten from it) i think thats what may have started this problem in the first place. The more I logically think about it, if i had advanced CC, the bowel habits would have started from the start eg. 5 weeks ago and not starting with the bladder then moving to the bowel which only happened like one week ago.

I have also heard it takes nearly decades for colon cancer to grow and be noticed.
So that mean's i would have had it since I was 9 or 10.
And we have no family history of CC.

What do you guys think?
Bookmark and Share

Offline danielvarian

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Need some input please.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lililanny

• Rec's: 2
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Hi Daniel,
That all sounds extremely positive.
You should keep a food diary and see how your body reacts to certain foods now, and take it from there. My Gastro told me about the FODMAP diet and after trying it for a few weeks I saw improvement with my symptoms.
Bookmark and Share
Hypochondria is the only disease I haven't got - Graffito

Offline danielvarian

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Hi Daniel,
That all sounds extremely positive.
You should keep a food diary and see how your body reacts to certain foods now, and take it from there. My Gastro told me about the FODMAP diet and after trying it for a few weeks I saw improvement with my symptoms.
One thing i noticed is that i had one beer at my nieces birthday party, and even while drinking the beer i felt like my stomach was going to explode from the gas.
Bookmark and Share

Offline danielvarian

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Im terrified again,im afraid that its just in my lymph nodes in my groin or neck or abdomen now.
Bookmark and Share

Offline danielvarian

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
So scared again :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline danielvarian

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Someone talk to me :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline danielvarian

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Im going into panic mode again :( :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline ShawnW

• Rec's: 21
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I agree with your GP, this is likely IBS.  Colon Ca in a 19 yo is almost unheard of.  The only way I would be concerned is if you had a family history of people under 30 with colon cancer.  Even then with your history of anxiety the likelihood of this being IBS is broaching 99%.
Bookmark and Share
My insight, thoughts, experiences or advice that may be posted in this forum are not meant as a substitution for the advice of your physician.

Want to know how to address your anxiety?
http://www.anxietyzone.com/index.php/topic,93402.msg521266.html#msg521266

Offline danielvarian

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I agree with your GP, this is likely IBS.  Colon Ca in a 19 yo is almost unheard of.  The only way I would be concerned is if you had a family history of people under 30 with colon cancer.  Even then with your history of anxiety the likelihood of this being IBS is broaching 99%.
I keep reading stories about 19 year olds who have got colon cancer and died due to their GP's mis diagnosis.
and the way the urinary symptoms started i cant get the thought out of my head of a tumor pressing on my bladder and pushing my tailbone outwards :(
(causing me to not empty my bowels or causing pain in my tailbone)
Bookmark and Share

Online Lindsay2427

Worried
    • Poke This Member
Danial
You have had an ultrasound and MRI. Those 2 tests are performed to rule out tumors. Your were perfect your blood work was perfect. For those rare few who had CC early on and it wasn't caught it was most likely because a GP didn't order ANY tests because of age. It sounds like your ordered almost every medical test available besides colonoscopy and EGD. You are prime age for IBS. Please do not be this way. I was in your exact shoes a couple months ago. I was an wreck over CC. I'm much older than you (27) and I did not have it! Please talk to your GP about your anxiety, and hurry.
Bookmark and Share

Offline danielvarian

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Danial
You have had an ultrasound and MRI. Those 2 tests are performed to rule out tumors. Your were perfect your blood work was perfect. For those rare few who had CC early on and it wasn't caught it was most likely because a GP didn't order ANY tests because of age. It sounds like your ordered almost every medical test available besides colonoscopy and EGD. You are prime age for IBS. Please do not be this way. I was in your exact shoes a couple months ago. I was an wreck over CC. I'm much older than you (27) and I did not have it! Please talk to your GP about your anxiety, and hurry.
I have said to my parents that an MRI of my lumbar spine does not  your internal organs :( and the story was the girl went to the GP 5 times with stomach pain and then weeks later found out that she had it and died a couple of weeks later :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline soaringfalcon

• Rec's: 7
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
You WOULD have to have a family history of CC. 

You asked earlier if I have IBS, yes, I do.  Anxiety makes it so much worse.  I know it's hard but you can trust your Drs.  I promise.
Bookmark and Share

Offline danielvarian

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
You WOULD have to have a family history of CC. 

You asked earlier if I have IBS, yes, I do.  Anxiety makes it so much worse.  I know it's hard but you can trust your Drs.  I promise.

I have recently seen an MRI image of an overhead(axial) view of a woman who had colon cancer i compared it to mine because i have the disk.
Usually shows a thickened part of the colon wall, i compared it to mine and it looks not much like it. Although it said shes 80 lol.
Bookmark and Share