Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Pancreatitis please help someone  (Read 186 times)

Offline Nichole001

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Pancreatitis please help someone
« on: May 25, 2014, 08:25:40 AM »
Hi everyone.im writing because I'm very afraid and anxious.i recently had amylase and lipase blood test.the lipase test came back slightly elevated.im terrified because I'm so scared of pancreatitis and I know that lipase elevation can be because of acute or chronic pancreTitis.im so afraid because I'm emetophobic meaning I'm afraid intensely afraid to vomit and people with pancreTitis get really really sick.i have anxiety and depression with suicidal thoughts.i feel suicidal urges because as an emetophobe I could never live with those kind of symptoms from pancreatitis.i don't know what to do.i currently have no symptoms and have never had any symptoms just a high lipase with no symptoms.i went to er and they sent me home because I have no symptoms.do I have pancreatitis? please help someone
Bookmark and Share

Offline Nichole001

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Pancreatitis please help someone
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2014, 09:19:37 AM »
Please help I'm so scared
Bookmark and Share

Offline rap_Talon

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Depressed
    Depressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2014, 09:37:45 AM »
I posted on your other thread in the Digestive disorders section. I don't know why you have two, really :P

As I said there:
"My grandad had pancreatitis, and he was in excruciating pain the entire time. He couldn't walk without struggling, let alone do even simple daily tasks. It was a constant struggle, not something he could've just missed. :)"

A slight lipase elevation does not equal pancreatitis on it's own. pancreatitis also comes with increased amylase levels, and you don't mention those being raised. Talk to your doctor if you're concerned, but I'd stake everything on it not being pancreatitis.

Bookmark and Share

Offline Wordwoman

• Just Joined!
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2014, 03:51:20 AM »
Hello..my husband had pancreatitis once and he ended up in the hospital in severe pain.  The problem was that he had diabetes and didnt know it.  His blood sugars were way out if whack and so was his cholesterol.  The cholestel problem was so bad that when they did his blood samples, they say he had blobs of fat in his blood...just like when you cook a turkey and the fat floats around and you have to strain it before you make gravy.  They had never seen such high triglycerides!

Anyway, the fat plugged up his pancreatic duct, which caused his pancreas to become swollen and which caused excrutiating pain.  He was in hospital eight days on painkillers and fluids while they waited for the blockage to clear and swelling to go away.  He has been fine since and manages his diabetes.

My understanding is that pancreatitis is very painful, so if you had it, you would probably be in the hospital.  My husband didnt throw up when he had pancreatitis.  He didnt feel sick...maybe bloated, but it was pain mostly

Take care!

Bookmark and Share

Tags: