Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Fear of Fatal Insomnia  (Read 122 times)

Offline Gman2448

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Fear of Fatal Insomnia
« on: May 25, 2014, 05:41:18 AM »
I've been working nights now for about 13 months. Its had its ups and downs. But tonight, all my fears have come to a head. I'm scared to death that I have Fatal Insomnia. I don't know of anyone in the family on either of parents side who died with it (strokes, heart issues). I know theres a Sporadic form of it, and that's what scares me. I've been getting 7-8 hours of sleep during the day, hence the fact I work nights. But. that has gone down these last few days. I've gotten a rare 3 day weekend from work. I have tried to sleep the past 2 nights. First night was 6 hours of on and off sleep and tonight, maybe a doze off and that's it. I feel very tired but only doze for a few seconds before waking up with what feels like fast heart rate. I can't imagine the perspective of not being able to sleep. I feel like sometimes I'm awake all day/night, yet others tell me a was sleeping really heavy. I feel down quite a bit, even at work. Never thought I would have issues sleeping at night, but now that I do, my fears are hitting me like a brick wall. I do take Melatonin. It really helped me to start sleeping during the day. My constant fear is Fatal Insomnia, and my family has a history of anxiety. I'm just really scared, I'm only 25 and feel as if I have my whole life ahead of me, yet the only thing on my mind is if I'm going to sleep good or not.

Hope someone out there can help me.
Bookmark and Share

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 64
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
    • Poke This Member
Re: Fear of Fatal Insomnia
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2014, 08:24:11 AM »
The more you worry, the worse you may feel. It is hard to go back to sleeping
nights after working at night for a while as your body gets accustomed to sleeping a
certain way. I would try not to worry.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Offline Gman2448

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Fear of Fatal Insomnia
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2014, 04:58:53 PM »
I took a melatonin and slept for about 3 hours after writing that post. I traced my steps back to my sleep hygiene that I'm used to. It worked. I would've probably gotten more sleep, but I had to be up. This mess comes and goes, good sleep for a few months, struggle to sleep for the next month. Irritating.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: