Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: this just has to be a brain tumor it just has to be!!!!!  (Read 687 times)

Offline valleyplayer42

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Pissed
    Pissed
    • Poke This Member
this just has to be a brain tumor it just has to be!!!!!
« on: May 24, 2014, 09:36:24 PM »
so I am still off kilt, or off balance so to speak. I drank last night with a few freinds, because I was already off balance I was kind of hammered after a few beers.... today i had a party at my uncles... only had like 4 beers.. but took my 1 mg xanax like 30 minutes before drinking... had a burger and hot dog and some macaroni salad and other salads..... now im still off balance , 24/7 unless im asleep or kind of laying down.....

well I just puked my brains out... i felt it like i had too, so i made myself..... great relief after (stomach wise) stilll dizzy and now im worried that after 3 months of this constant off balance lightheaded heavy headed rocking boat high panic feeling.... that its a brain tumor making me puke when dizzy... i wonder if the puking would be uncontrollable with a brain tumor and would have happened quicker than 3 months...

i found this site and seems to exactly sound like me .. at least the main symptoms are me to  a T.............http://neurology.about.com/od/Symptoms/fl/Chronic-Subjective-Dizziness.htm..................

.. but i just think it is something horrible... from the moment i wake up until i go to sleep.... yes very stressed last few months VERY adn this did happen after an event of drinking alot of moving an ex gf out of the condo.... but how can something persist like this??

Thanks again
Bookmark and Share

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 65
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
    • Poke This Member
Re: this just has to be a brain tumor it just has to be!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2014, 09:53:04 PM »
I would go see an ENT physician as dizziness and balance is their specialty. I have known a few people
with brain tumors and all had progressively worsening headaches.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Offline Scye27

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2014, 10:10:33 PM »
How much water do you drink? Do you feel more dizzy in certain positions?

If your brain looks good, I'd look at an ENT doctor or in my case, it was my neck making me dizzy. Going to physical therapy will help, especially if you feel your neck and shoulders are always stiff/sore.
Bookmark and Share

Offline rap_Talon

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Depressed
    Depressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2014, 10:14:55 PM »
Are you certain it's not related to dehydration? Alcohol can make it worse, as can vomiting. It can definitely make you feel the way you're describing, and it would persist for as long as you were not getting enough fluid in your system.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Jess0617

• Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2014, 02:10:15 AM »
Go get an MRI or cat scan.
Bookmark and Share

Offline valleyplayer42

Pissed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2014, 07:01:53 AM »
I drink alottttt of water. Dehydration isn't it in also confident. I just opened my eyes and I can feel it already. I hate waking up I know I will feel awful. Yes I do feel anxious but not all the time. I saw an ENT and he said it's anxiety..... I might go back to him Tuesday because I don't know how it can be so persistent and log lasting with anxiety.

Does to much alcohol screw up your vestibular system ? I sounds a lot like chronic subjective dizziness too.
Bookmark and Share

Offline patmob

• Rec's: 10
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2014, 08:00:43 AM »
You are aware that Xanax comes with a warning not to drink while taking it, right?  Also, if you go to the doc and say you're "off kilter" and drinking they're going to tell you to first stop drinking.  Eliminate the potential causes you're putting into your body - if after a couple of weeks things aren't better then see your doc.
Bookmark and Share

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 65
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2014, 08:32:56 AM »
It really does not do any good to continue to speculate as none of us are physicians, so I would
just make an appointment with an ENT physician, so you can get to the bottom of your problem.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Offline valleyplayer42

Pissed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2014, 09:51:35 AM »
I saw an ENT like two months ago about a month into this ordeal. And nothing he said and he's a known ENT around the area. I just can't fathom anxiety making dizzy feeling like this so real.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Vedabug54

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2014, 09:58:45 AM »
Valley player- you need to see a therapist. Your problem is clearly not anything medical but anxiety. You are in such a state of panic your body can not relax. I would see someone asap, and try looking online for some self help ideas
Bookmark and Share

Offline soaringfalcon

• Rec's: 10
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2014, 10:46:50 AM »
You need to stop goggling, stop making yourself puke, stop combining alcohol with xanax (particularly NOT 4 beers 30 minutes after 1 MG of Xanax), and stop obsessing. 

I know you said the SSRI made your dizziness worse, you have to fight through those first few weeks.  It's not fun, particularly when you're in the state you're in but when you get to the other side, it's sooooo worth it.

Bookmark and Share

Offline valleyplayer42

Pissed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2014, 12:55:21 PM »
I agree that I am always in a state of anciety. I wake up knowing when I open my eyes I will feel off balance I expect it everyday. It's so hard to believe anxiety can do this everyday for 3 months ... I had four days with no symptoms in between this. When I'm driving I'm ok or laying but when standing or walking I can feel that sensation. Maybe it's worse the last few days from drinking four nights. I  nauseous today I don't want to start thinking nausea and dizziness from a brain tumor. I'm going to see a neurologist Tuesday. It's to the point wen looking around at the world I get off balance. Or using my phone the little letters. I try so hard not to believe it's a brain tumor or an episode of MS.
Bookmark and Share

Offline vardnas

• Rec's: 98
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2014, 01:11:07 PM »
I saw an ENT like two months ago about a month into this ordeal. And nothing he said and he's a known ENT around the area. I just can't fathom anxiety making dizzy feeling like this so real.

Actually, anxiety CAN make you feel dizzy. Anxiety can and does cause REAL physical symptoms—it's not just all "in your head." And that's whether or not you "feel anxious." Put some of your expert googling skills to use and research anxiety, how it works, and what it does to your body. When your nervous system is wound up, it will react in unpredictable ways, even if you feel "relaxed." For how long you've been chronically anxious, it's going to take many months of concerted effort of NOT getting yourself wound up before things go back to normal.

I think there are some very real possibilities for your dizziness that don't have to do with a brain tumor. Drinking, first of all, plus Xanax. Xanax itself can cause dizziness. Drinking itself can cause dizziness (and needing to puke). I know on a morning after I've had a couple too many, I'm feeling off all day. Alcohol is also a depressant, so any anxiety you feel generally is only going to be worse after four nights of drinking. But to get drunk two days in a row, pop 1mg of Xanax, eat a lot of heavy food, and THEN feel scared that your puking and "off kilter" feeling is being caused by a brain tumor is a stretch.

VP42, this is really the time that you should be kind yourself. Googling is not a helpful activity. Repeated visits to your doctor is not a helpful activity. Mixing alcohol with Xanax is not a helpful activity. I know how you feel—being with friends and relaxing, especially with booze, can feel great, because it's a time when you actually feel NORMAL, but in hindsight, it just sets you back. Aiming for healthy eating habits, healthy sleep habits, and curbing reassurance-seeking behaviors (googling, doctors, etc) will all take you much further. And I would certainly recommend some kind of professional therapy as well. Sure, these things don't "feel good" in the moment, but learning to tolerate these patches of short-term anxiety in exchange for lasting, long-term mental peace is worth it.
Bookmark and Share
In case anyone is still confused:  googling your symptoms will cause you to remain in a state of extreme anxiety. Stepping away from the internet is the first step toward lasting peace.

Offline valleyplayer42

Pissed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2014, 03:03:58 PM »
Cardenas I appreciate the reply. It is just so concerning that I 24/7 feel off balance. As soon as I open my eyes it is there until I go to sleep. 3 months straight. I know I have had a very tough few months emotionally and this is the first time anxiety has caused me to constantly feel unsteady off balance (besides during a 10 minute panic attack.) I sit down look around at things it's like my eyes don't catch up with my head. I hope this neurologist Tuesday (first time ever seeing one) can help put my mind at peace and to accept it's anxiety and move forward. I pray to god he doesn't think it's MS or a brain tumor and maybe starts me on something like Busparone.
Bookmark and Share

Offline rap_Talon

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Depressed
    Depressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2014, 07:45:51 PM »
Just out of curiousity, have you been checked for Labyrinthitiss? My mum recently got diagnosed with it after about two and a half months of problems with her balance. Problems with out ears can really destroy our balance, and cause horrible dizziness.

the main symptoms of it are balance issues, dizziness and vertigo, with sickness as a secondary symptom.

Just something that occurred to me, so I thought I'd mention it.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: