Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Feeling comfortable with doctors  (Read 207 times)

Offline amyjeannie

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Feeling comfortable with doctors
« on: May 24, 2014, 11:16:47 AM »
A lot of people on here say that they get way more nervous when going to the doctors. Now, there are times when I can understand that, like when getting an MRI or something but I'm just wondering if there is anybody out there who thinks like me. Personally, I would love to have a doctor follow me around 24/7. I told that to my Chaplin/counselor and she thought that wasn't normal for a hypochondriac, or at least she had never heard of it put that way before. I always go to the nurse at college whenever O started getting scared because she can either calm me down, give me advice, or tell me what's wrong. Are doctors bad? Because this hypochondriac wishes she could hire a personal one! Just think, if you have a heart attack, they're right there. If you have a seizure, they're right there. So many scenarios I can think of! Anyone else think that way or am I a loner in this category?
Bookmark and Share
Philippians 4:4-9

Offline Venomsoar

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Feeling comfortable with doctors
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2014, 01:35:07 PM »
You are not alone. This is exactly what I told my Father. I want a personal doctor that follows me around 24/7. I, like you, feel calm and relaxed when I have a doctors appointment. Just the thought of having someone see me and will be able to take care of me if I had any problems makes my anxiety almost nonexistent.
Bookmark and Share

Offline famv5

• Mood: Content
    Content
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2014, 01:37:29 PM »
I am the SAME way.  Many times I wish I had married a doctor. (haha)  Seriously.  I would have someone right there to diagnose me.  I tend to always rush out to the doctors or dentist to have every little ache and pain checked out. 
The only time I'm nervous is if I'm going to have an actual procedure done or something.

You definitely are NOT alone.
Bookmark and Share
"Our anxiety does not empty tomorrow of its sorrows, but only empties today of its strengths" - Charles H. Spurgeon

Offline patmob

• Rec's: 7
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2014, 03:18:07 PM »
I often think - I should have married a doctor - lol
Bookmark and Share

Offline PantsyAntsy

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2014, 03:48:21 PM »
I don't want to marry one- just entrap and then hold prisoner in my basement until needed  :P

I really need a 24/7 dermatologist. I find worrisome things on my skin constantly!!! It's maddening ::)
Bookmark and Share

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 36
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2014, 07:23:38 PM »
You're not alone!  My father in law is a doctor (an oncologist in fact) and I often wish he liked me so I could bother him about this stuff.  Oh well.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Kmj023

• Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2014, 07:41:00 PM »
I can go into a panic attack quick at drs office and the fact that here are drs there still doesn't make me feel safe. I feel they won't understand. At least not the ones I go to. Thinking about switching. I told the lady who was doing  blood work I felt woozy. Not from the blood but from panic attack and she did not try to help me at all.

But yes, if I had a dr living in this house that would be better maybe. I would prolly feel more at ease when I feared a symptom. My mom and I were talking about this the other day. She said I would have his/her legs ran off. Lol. 
Bookmark and Share
"The only illness that we can't accept is hypochondria."

"Never Google, everyone will catch an invisible tumor!"

"Anxiety is not a doctor. Neither is the internet."

Actual diagnosis : chronic sinusitis.
Google diagnosis : brain cancer.

Symptoms : dizzy head feeling.

Offline jilllayy

• Mood: Content
    Content
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2014, 08:41:51 PM »
Definitely would love to have a dr follow me around too. very comforting!

i am a nursing student and i always feel most comfortable when im doing clinicals in a hospital setting.

Im sure ill love it when i start working in a hospital as well. I actually live across  the street from a hospital too lol but thats just coincidence!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Caroline1902

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2014, 11:18:04 PM »
On the one hand, I hate going to the doctor because I just know this is going to be the time he/she will tell something isn't right and for once, it's "not nothing."

But I was away in Florida for the past week, dealing with a feminine issue which managed to ruin my vacation.  Not the physical but the anxiety.  When the plane landed, I practically wept for joy because this meant I could see my doctor and hopefully get some relief!
Bookmark and Share

Offline rileybug

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2014, 12:13:02 AM »
Mydaughter is a doc-you defintly would'nt want her asking questions and bugging you constanly-gets old fast.  A non family member is much better.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: