Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Is it worth it to stay in a job that you hate?  (Read 144 times)

Offline Radiant_Nebula

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Is it worth it to stay in a job that you hate?
« on: May 23, 2014, 10:19:49 PM »
Hi everyone!
I recently started a job that I hate. I literally come home everyday and curl up in a ball and cry. I don't even financially really need the job but I just wanted something to make me feel good about myself and to distract me from my anxiety. And really this job doesn't help much either way since I'm earning minimum wage and its just creating more anxiety.

At what point does a job become not worth it? At what point is it okay to walk away?
Bookmark and Share

Offline simoliz03

• Rec's: 1
    • Poke This Member
Re: Is it worth it to stay in a job that you hate?
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2014, 12:10:35 AM »
 Hi Radiant_Nebula  :action-smiley-065:

I'm so sorry the job is making you feel very upset  :(.  I would have to say it is completly up to you to decide. I understand today a lot of people try to stick around, even if the job is too frusrating :dazed:.  I remembered I stuck around my old job for a while, even the same way as you, the first and second night I was crying till sleep came over.  but then around a year I had to quit.  It took a tole on me mentally and physically.  I can't work now.  I'm mentally disabled for too much anxiety.  Again I say it is up to you.  If the job is really upsetting you, maybe look at something else or volunteer.  I don't want anyone having a hard time. Hugs Hugs  :happy0151: :happy0151:.  You can let us know how you are doing. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline Radiant_Nebula

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2014, 10:40:06 AM »
I work at a theme park which sounds like a dream job, right? Its not. I am the horrible person who has to survey people. I literally take their ticket and hold it hostage and start asking them questions. I get yelled at, called names, and rejected all day. The worst thing is that I cant even blame these people for being mad at me. We were told in training that 'they would think we were someone important like security or the people who let them into the park', we just have to manipulate these people into doing what we want. I work for 9-10 hours on my feet and in the sun for minimum wage just to be yelled at all day. I'm an anxious person so I just can't handle the pressure. Plus it goes against my whole belief system, I don't think we should have to manipulate these poor people, especially as soon as they are coming into the park for a day of fun. How is that a good way to start the day?

I've decided to go to HR on Tuesday (after memorial day) and try to switch departments. If I cant than I'm quitting. I cant do a job that makes me hate myself and goes completely against my personality.
Bookmark and Share

Offline simoliz03

• Rec's: 1
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2014, 10:38:56 PM »
  Good day  :action-smiley-065:

Yes it does remind me of the time when I worked as a cashier in Target where everyone comes too!  I would get yelled at, blamed for loosing one of their credit cards or discount cards :( .  When they are the ones that misplaced them!  We had to harras customers for those Target Visa cards  :dazed:.  And the bosses would harass us if we did not get enough  :angry:.  I really tried to play it cool and be patient, it takes me a heck of a lot to get me angry.  The bosses did not treat the workers at my store nice.  You seem like a real sweet person.  I say do what makes you feel great!  And enjoy the holiday!  You can let me know how you are doing.  :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share

Tags: