Last night I rinsed out my sinuses with a neti pot (really it's a spray bottle type thing) I just bought because they had been really dry and I had had a nosebleed earlier in the day. I rinsed it out, put in the salt, realized I needed to boil water so it sat on the bathroom counter while I boiled water and waited for it to cool.
The thing is, I didn't dry out the water bottle completely before pouring in the boiled water. So there could be amoeba in that.
I live in Montreal, so I know the water is chlorinated and ozone'd, but there's still a nagging feeling I've got the deadly brain amoeba that killed two other people in Lousiana who used a neti pot. I had a nosebleed so there is a way for the amoeba to enter my body.
I have been torn up with stress ever since.