Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: Lymph node hurts--mind is spinning--I'm scared  (Read 177 times)

Offline mroussa

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Lymph node hurts--mind is spinning--I'm scared
« on: May 23, 2014, 02:32:35 PM »
Ok yeah 2nd post in a day.  :spineyes:

Last week my Lymph nodes hurt on my right side (underarms, kind of on my chest) & my left side was fine. Yesterday & today it's the left side & I can feel where a few are swollen. A few more than on my right side. The tenderness comes & goes (gets worse when I mess with it) & it from UNDER my arm to on the side above my breast.

I have had allergies & sinus trouble the past few weeks, as well. Sneezing, cough, nose stopped up. Could that be a cause? Could me being on my period be a cause, as well?

I saw a ***** post where this is a symptom of breast C-word & ya'll.....I just sat in the bathroom on my lunch break & cried my eyes out.
Bookmark and Share

Offline jilllayy

• Mood: Content
    Content
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Lymph node hurts--mind is spinning--I'm scared
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2014, 02:40:32 PM »
Hey mroussa!

I have definitely been down this road. I have swollen nodes in my armpits. When they hurt its actually a good sign. If you can move them that is another good sign! Mine don't hurt and i can move them and they are fairly large but still no breast cancer. I had a breast ultrasound and even saw a breast surgeon and all is good. If you have to go see your gyno and have them do a breast ultrasound. Just by looking at it they can tell if its normal or not!

-jill
Bookmark and Share

Offline mroussa

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2014, 02:45:38 PM »
I have an appt with my gyno next Friday.

I find it odd that my fear lately has been BC bc of tender breasts & the tenderness is all but gone, yet THIS now pops up.

It's like I MADE this happen somehow. (I know that I didn't....I just find it strange)

So when one is achy, that's a GOOD sign?? It's when they DON'T hurt that it's not good?
Bookmark and Share

Offline jilllayy

Content
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2014, 02:55:07 PM »
Achy lymph nodes and sore breasts is a good sign indeed! that usually means something in your body is going on and causing the pain and swelling in your lymph nodes since they filter things throughout the body.

When you have a lump that doesnt hurt and doesnt move then you have something to worry about.

You should have seen me when i had a lump in my breast and my mother in law felt it and told me (on a friday night) you need to get an ultrasound ASAP. omg this is not normal you have all these lumps in your breast. Her father who is a dr also felt my breast (weird) and had the same reaction. only to find out that it was just normal fibrocystic changes!

try to keep calm until your appointment!
Bookmark and Share

Offline mroussa

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2014, 02:59:59 PM »
THEN WHY IS THERE A DUMB GRAPHIC GOING AROUND ON Face-Land THAT SAYS IF YOU HAVE ANY SWOLLEN OR ACHY NODES YOU PRETTY MUCH HAVE BC?!?!

That stupid thing has been floating in my head for a week & scaring the S out of me.
Bookmark and Share

Offline mroussa

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2014, 03:03:35 PM »
Also, my mother in law brought up Fibrocystic breasts to me last week. She said she has it & I probably do, too, since we have the same symptoms. I didn't even know there was such a thing. But it did make me feel a little better.

AND OMG if I had gone through a Friday night like you did....I don't know if I would have made it.

& when you say "that usually means something in your body is going on and causing the pain and swelling since they filter things out...", you don't mean the C-word, right???

(had to ask)
Bookmark and Share

Offline jilllayy

Content
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2014, 03:07:57 PM »
Well im not dr but im pretty sure it doesnt mean cancer because then it would be hard and immoveable from what i know.

i am a nursing student. and it usually means that some type of infection your body is trying to fight!

BTW when you are stressed and anxious and all tensed up, my dr said the tension wont let things flow properly and can cause swollen lymph nodes. I actually asked him this yesterday because just like you i have swollen nodes in both armpits and under my chin! that do not hurt! but they are benign from tests!
Bookmark and Share

Offline mroussa

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2014, 03:11:13 PM »
Well that makes sense bc I have been so SO tense the last 2 weeks, that one arm will ACHE at the end of the day from tensing them up (whichever arm is connected to the breast that I am concerned with that day).

I have also been feeling like I have had a low-grade temp off & on this month bc of all of the pollen & whatnot. It makes my body achy all over.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: