Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: klonopin  (Read 240 times)

Offline forever young

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
klonopin
« on: May 23, 2014, 07:54:53 AM »
my pdr gave me .5 klonopin was wondering how strong that is. I have taken .5 of zanax is that about the same. I am to take as needed but I don't want to take very much. I would rather be on a anti depressant that worked well. what dose does most people take?
Bookmark and Share

Online insights

• Rec's: 93
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
    • Poke This Member
Re: klonopin
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2014, 08:03:20 AM »
my pdr gave me .5 klonopin was wondering how strong that is. I have taken .5 of zanax is that about the same.

Yes, 0.5mg Klonopin equals about 0.5mg Xanax.

what dose does most people take?

For anxiety, typically 0.5-3mg/day; for epilepsy, 10-20mg/day (20mg is the recommended maximum).

Ian
Bookmark and Share
NOTE: I'm not a doctor, and particularly not yours, so there may be factors I'm unaware of. Therefore all advice is of a general nature and you should consult your doctor before following any of it, especially before changing med doses.

Offline Snoopy10

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2014, 10:58:00 AM »
I take anywhere from .5mg to 1.5mg of Klonopin a day. I am a 140lb 42 year old woman. I like Klonopin better than Xanax because it makes me feel "normal" versus a little "loopy" and it doesn't wear off as fast due to its long half life.

I am on Lexapro/Klonopin combo and just moved up to 15mg Lexapro. So far so good!
Bookmark and Share

Offline jk34

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2014, 10:53:22 PM »
.5 mg is perfect. Try to stay in that range, more is not always better. Always best to get over your "issues" without medication, but, sometimes it is very necessary for us to use it, and not worry about it playing a role in hindering your recovery. I have been on Klonopin .5 mg as needed for over 8 years now, and have not experienced any ill fainted side effects a lot of people speak of or any sort of dependency. Do I feel my best on it? Yes. Do I feel the need to take it everyday? Not at all. Take it responsibly, and don't get anxious taking medication that will help your anxiety.

Best of luck friend.

J
Bookmark and Share

Offline forever young

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2014, 07:40:51 AM »
thanks for the replies. I have phobias I need to work on so would this help me with the extra anxiety and maybe working myself into a panic attack? I still haven't taken it I have been very anxious a few times but just pushed through. jk how often do you take it?
Bookmark and Share

Offline jk34

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2014, 01:54:04 PM »
@forever young, I take it truly as needed. Sometimes I will go a month to months without it, sometimes I will need it .5 mg every day for a week straight, and sometimes just once a week. Klonopin would definitely help with any phobia and the extra anxiety. You will feel like you when you take it.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: