Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: am i hearing voices  (Read 104 times)

Offline asmithl

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
am i hearing voices
« on: May 23, 2014, 06:47:57 AM »
hello everyone,

this is my first post here, look like a great community. Firstly i'm 21 have had GAD and panic in the past and still do, after undergoing CBT my symptoms are down and at a kind of base level that over time i hope to get rid of. One of my biggest fears used to be that i was going crazy, that i going to see things start hearing things or that the mental fog and hazy was the start of me going crazy. I have reached a better understanding of psychosis now and understand the difference between anxiety and it.

However there is a few strange things that happen to me, firstly i appear to have quite sensitive eyes, when i drive at night, and it rely is only at night, and only when i drive i will see faint blops of blue in my vision. Whilst this was very scary to start off with i believe that it is triggered by the streetlights. I even thought that it wasn't happening anymore at one point but then i relised that the clocks were just going back and i wanst driving at night anymore. Furthermore when i work at a computer there is a tiny blue LED light on the bottom of the computer that i get stuck in my vission befliy when i look away, However this only happens if im at a computer and if i tape it up it goes away.  When my GAD was worse i though these were signs that i was seing thing, and i feel in to the trap of scanning for things in my vission. This had left me in the postion were im highly percptive and i seem to notice ALOT of thigs out of my perifial visson. For example i have a A4 purple peice of paper on desk every time i walk past it catches my eye.  Can any one relate to this?

the second strange thing that happens to me is i imagine voices as if they are  thoughts.  if im  in a long conversation with somone after leaving the conversation have there voice stuck in my head. i dont hear the voice as such, it is more i would think of something then i might think  they might say, but the thought of what they might say might come into my head in there voice. This has also started happen if im reading alot of universtiy work, i might get a random though in my head as if im imagining someone elses voice, somtimes just in the form of random chatter. Also when i woriy about this it starts the scanning process off and i get random thoughts and peoples voices stuck in my head, almost as if my internal monolge chages to somone else voice. I understand that most things that corolate with anxity are nothing to wory about, and im not hearing voices with my ear they are distinctly thoughts.

Has anyone else experience things such as this, and does anyone have any idea how to stop the scanning for these things and is what i have descibed "normal" can anyone else relate?

Thanks All

Adam  :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share

Offline onderdonk1

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: am i hearing voices
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2014, 07:47:07 AM »
I used to have a Welsh flag hanging on the wall in my house, which is white, red, and green. Every once in a while as I walked by, in the corner of my vision I'd get this weird flash. I think it's normal to have that kind of thing with certain color combinations or in certain settings.
As to the voice thing, I think I've done that too. I hold a lot of pretend conversations in my head, and I usually try to use someone else's voice. I don't think you have anything to worry about, honestly. I think you've got a great attention to detail, but you might also have that tendency that some of us have to make a mountain out of a molehill. As soon as you notice something slightly weird you do, you start to notice it all the time and then wonder if it's a sign of something more serious. It rarely ever is.
If you're really nervous about, bring it up the next time you see your doctor. If there really is a problem, there's no reason to avoid bringing it up. Best of luck!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lunatone

• Rec's: 17
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: am i hearing voices
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2014, 09:25:49 AM »
I tend to hear what I call "general patterns that approximate human speech'. That is, noises that seem to have a rhythm heard in talking, but nothing i can ever make out. When you have anxiety and panic, you're subconsciously seeking out threats. As a result, you are more likely to think there's odd things going on. Were you in an actual life and death situation, this would be extremely useful. But since you aren't, it sets out to find anything it can.

to put it simply: when you are panicking, you are obviously not reacting to a situation correctly, because you are misinterpreting things that aren't threats to be threats. You should assume this extends to all senses during panic, and that they all become totally unreliable.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: GAD 

anything