Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: new here, possible swollen lymph nodes, lymphoma fears  (Read 176 times)

Offline caligirl16

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
new here, possible swollen lymph nodes, lymphoma fears
« on: May 23, 2014, 01:36:59 AM »
Hi everybody! This is my first time posting here so I hope I'm getting everything right.  I've stalked this website for years.  I'm a definite hypochondriac, have been since I was 11, I'm now 20.  Lately, I've been mainly worried about melanoma but now I'm on to lymphoma. The reason for my concern is that I have a couple of what I think are lymph nodes in between my stomach and groin area like right in between my hip bones, that are very large and I can feel them if I push and dig around really hard.  They're painless,very mobile, kind of rubbery, and probably a little smaller than a quarter.  They're not visible and can't be felt without really pushing for them.  I first noticed them enlarged about two years ago.  I also have stomach pain and nausea quite frequently, though I've had that for years.  I had a friend's grandfather die suddenly of lymphoma and so I'm pretty panicked.  I have no other symptoms, can't afford to see a doctor unless it's a real emergency, and am really trying to stay away from Google.  Can anybody help me?
Bookmark and Share

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 64
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
    • Poke This Member
Re: new here, possible swollen lymph nodes, lymphoma fears
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2014, 08:40:59 AM »
Welcome to anxietyzone. Self diagnosis and speculation does not really help. I would see a physician
to remove all doubt and give yourself peace of mind.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Online mollyfin

• Rec's: 36
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: new here, possible swollen lymph nodes, lymphoma fears
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2014, 02:58:30 AM »
Nothing you're describing sounds alarming to me, but I'm not a doctor.  You should probably either see a doctor about that or a doctor about your anxiety. 
Bookmark and Share