Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Pituitary Gland Tumor Fear  (Read 369 times)

Offline yesyesno

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Pituitary Gland Tumor Fear
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2014, 11:10:53 AM »
Callum_E I am so sorry what happened to your grandmother, but that post kicked my anxiety into high gear too.  That's a me problem though.  But it caused me to read through the other pituitary tumor posts on here and I found overwhelmingly positive results.  So, I think the idea is it is unlikely you have a pituitary tumor, but in the off chance you did, they are almost always always always benign and you will live!

This post was really helpful: http://www.anxietyzone.com/index.php/topic,59566.msg346897.html#msg346897
Bookmark and Share

Offline richdelb

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2014, 12:15:14 PM »
I really didn't mean to make you more anxious and I should have thought my post through.  I didn't post to make anyone more anxious, trust me with that.  :(

What I was trying to illustrate is there is a "difference" in our HA pains, which, however severe (and mine have been VERY severe lately) oftentimes are of a more transient nature, meaning they tend to come and go, verses something like my Inner Ear Infection that was CONSTANT and unrelenting.

If you are having CONSTANT and unrelenting pain, then perhaps a trip to the Dr. is indeed in order.  Otherwise, (and if you have already been to the doctor and have been told you are ok) BELIEVE you are OK and you will be.

Sorry if I caused you more worry than you already have been going through.

Bookmark and Share

Online Kmj023

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2014, 05:55:21 PM »
I know what you mean. I get pain in my right eye but mine are migraines so I never worry but now reading about the grandmas mobility and wheel chair bound makes me more nervous cause my legs are my problem and I did have ct scan and it was clear but wasn't with contrast. And I fear the tumor is in my cerebellum which has to
Do with balance. I can walk straight line. I also have been bed bound for two months and people say your legs are weird feeling cause of no exercise. But yet I still worry now. I want MRI. But can't afford one. One day I think I don't have a tumor. It's been 3 months I would have seen more signs and that it was only a sinus infection that threw off balance and predinsine helped that.

Look at it logically, I've seen improvement. With brain cancer, things get worse!
Imagine if life had no such word or disease. Then what would we think it was?
Imagine life the way it was in old days, no google. Imagine how better we would feel!

Yes get MRI prove to yourself that no tumor in your head. Just the anxiety bully!
Bookmark and Share
"The only illness that we can't accept is hypochondria."

"Never Google, everyone will catch an invisible tumor!"

"Anxiety is not a doctor. Neither is the internet."

Actual diagnosis : chronic sinusitis.
Google diagnosis : brain cancer.

Symptoms : dizzy head feeling.

Offline AthenaNY

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2014, 06:04:14 PM »
Wow, things got a little tense!  No one here has a brain tumor.  Obviously I am not a doctor and cannot diagnose people.  But if you had a brain tumor you would know.  Internet medical sites DRASTICALLY overstate the odds that any little twinge in your head is a brain tumor.

Once I got such bad vertigo I could not walk straight.  I started vomiting uncontrollably into a garbage can on the street.  (The people around me *might* have thought I was a hobo.)  I had to take a cab and barely made it to my apartment.

Diagnosis:  NOTHING  :)

Well, that's not quite right.  I had a cold that settled in my ear and gave me what is called peripheral vertigo... as opposed to central vertigo which makes you see double and is more alarming.  But in the moment, Jesus Christ himself would not have been able to convince me I didn't have a brain tumor.  And if I had listened to Google, I would have had to write a will.  You don't have a brain tumor!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: