Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?
Anxiety Forums & Chat Rooms

Really want to lose weight but my HA won't let me. Help!

Offline Lindsay2427

Hi friends, I am really struggling right now. I am 5 foot tall and I weigh around 128 pounds. I have had 4 back to back children and now at the age of 27 we are done having children and really enjoying life. I feel like I could lose between 10 and 15 pounds to help my over all health and self esteme however I'm abousutly terrified to lose weight. My huge HA trigger is the C word. I have feared it my whole life. Weight lose is a huge red flag for C so I know even with diet and exercise I know I will be a mess if I lose weight. Right now I'm battling a pancreatic C fear and my symptom along with weight loss might put me back into the state of anxiety I just got over during my colon cancer obsession. I'm really stuck. I know weight loss is wonderful for health and at my height I could even weigh 106 pounds and be in the not so weight limit so weighing 115-120 sounds perfect I just don't know if my anxiety will allow me to do this. I have read google stories of people dieting or training for marathons and weight flying off and they thought it was the diet and training but it was really the C word. I am by no means "fat" but for a 27 year old female I could afford to drop these last extra pounds hanging on from pregnancy. Before my 4th pregnancy I was 116 pounds. I conceived him in June of 2011. Anyone else fear weight loss?
Bookmark and Share

Offline PantsyAntsy

• Personal text
Re: Really want to lose weight but my HA won't let me. Help!
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2014, 01:24:08 PM »
I have cancerphpbia, and what helped me lose weight was reading about cancer-fighting foods, as well as food linked to cancer. Maybe you can train yourself to think that eating foods with (hypothetically) cancer fighting properties will keep the cancer away?
Bookmark and Share

Offline amyjeannie

• Personal text
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2014, 02:12:58 PM »
I've never feared it before but after reading that I kind of do. I didn't realize that other people have lost a ton of weight and thought it was good but ended up being C! Yikes! I lost 6 pounds without doing anything two weeks ago and now that really scares me! I am overweight as well except way more than you are! I'm 21 and I weigh 235 pounds. I've been on a weight loss journey for a couple weeks while also battling my hypochondriasis fear of a brain tumor. I've been scared to run and stuff for fear of my head becoming really pained and me going into a seizure. I'm not saying all this to scare you but I thought you might be having some fears similar to mine. Let me know if you come across anything that really helps! This fat girl could use some encouragement as well!
Bookmark and Share
Philippians 4:4-9

Offline mikran

• Personal text
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2014, 02:14:56 PM »
I'm sorry to hear that your HA is keeping you back from a healthy lifestyle, but I can relate. About a year ago I started exercising and eating healthy. I went from 101 kg in May 2013 to 83 kg (222-182 lbs) by February this year, when HA hit me and I started to attribute my weight-loss to some serious medical condition. In order to prove to myself that I didn't suffer from ca****-related caxechia, I purposely re-gained 7 kg (15 lbs) in two months. How ironic really, as obesity increases the risk of getting various diseases! Needless to say, I regret my stupid "experiment" and am now trying to get back in shape.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lindsay2427

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2014, 03:22:35 PM »
I struggle with it so much. Here I am wanting to look great for our beach trip in July but my "security blanket" is keeping my weight on. Ironic as heck. I think I really need to seek therapy. Maybe they would help talk some sence into me.
Bookmark and Share

Offline IAMHEALTHY

• Personal text
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2014, 04:22:40 PM »
I wanna lose weight to but I always think what's the point if the C-word will ruin it and put your life on hold? :(
Bookmark and Share