Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Heart attack fears  (Read 112 times)

Offline SillySalmons

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Heart attack fears
« on: May 22, 2014, 04:35:31 AM »
I'm scared that I'm having a heart attack again. This isn't the first time.

For the past few days I've noticed while I'm walking that there's this odd tingly/prickly sensation in my legs. Not unusual for me since I have a neurological condition, but it happened pretty out of the blue when I've been relatively symptom-free for a while.

Then, about two hours ago, I started having this pressure-y sensation between my shoulder blades. I thought I would feel better if I could make myself burp, but I could only make myself burp once, and it didn't help. After a while it got annoying so I googled it, thinking gallbladder stuff would come up again, and of course heart attack stuff comes up. Then I start reading and panicking. Now I've got this burning feeling from my ribs to my ribcage (I sometimes get this sensation after I eat hot cheetos). But it's weird. It doesn't feel like heartburn, it just feels like my nerves are slightly warmer than normal. If you've ever had an iodine contrast injection before, that's kind of what it feels like. So there's this warm feeling in my chest that keeps coming and going, and now I keep getting little stabs of pain everywhere - sometimes under my ribs, sometimes in my arms. I'm convincing myself that it's a heart attack and that someone's going to find me dead in my room tomorrow because I didn't call an ambulance. Don't feel nauseous, although earlier I was feeling a little queasy after I ate too much at dinner. I did have some pretty rich food and I also took ibuprofen, so I realize this could totally be reflux. But I'm worried because I've been having random palpitations all year when I never used to get them, and I've been having them lately along with shortness of breath whenever I'm outside (which might have something to do with the 85-90 degree weather we've been having), so now my brain is certain that I must be having a heart attack.

I hate this, I wish I could stop doing this to myself.
Bookmark and Share

Online Cuchculan

• Rec's: 161
    • Poke This Member
Re: Heart attack fears
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2014, 05:39:03 AM »
If you were actually having a real heart attack, you wouldn't be able to come on the net and make a post about it. You would be on the ground. Useless. We have seen these types of posts before. People who think they are having heart attacks there and then as they make a post. Impossible. I have seen a few people have real heart attacks. The only way they went was down. To the ground. They could do nothing at all. Accept wait for an ambulance to arrive. A heart attack would not last a few days. Less than a minute maybe. Trust me you would know a real one from what you are going through. Which are not heart attacks. That is just your mind thinking about your heart. If you find something else to focus on and take your mind off of yourself I bet all the pain would go away. But as it is you are making it worse by focusing on one part of your body.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline patmob

• Rec's: 6
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Heart attack fears
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2014, 03:20:50 PM »
I'm sorry but I don't believe that Cuchculan is correct - many people have heart attacks without immediately going down to the ground where the could do nothing at all.

However, I do agree with him when he says that you need to take your mind off of it - as hard as that may be to do.

When did you last see you doc about your symptoms?
Bookmark and Share

Tags: