Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Bubbles in urine  (Read 990 times)

Offline dan203

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Bubbles in urine
« on: May 21, 2014, 09:47:16 AM »
I'm 17 and recently i have been seeing bubbles in my urine. I don't want to make any conclusions yet but the bubbles don't go away for about 3 minutes. This has been happening for about a week now and I have been feeling aches in my lower back so i'm just wondering if anyone else has had this and anyone has any advice?

Thanks.
Bookmark and Share

Offline dan203

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Bubbles in urine
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2014, 10:53:02 AM »
I forgot to mention that this happens more in the morning but throughout the day it sometimes happens aswell
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 27
  • Mood: Calm
    Calm
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2014, 11:07:01 AM »
I started getting that the summer of 2011.  Sometimes the patch of bubbles would be about 6" x 3"!  It would happen more in the morning and like you said, SOMETIME throughout the day.  I never knew how long they lasted because I'd flush.  I had my urine tested, etc  (Just had routine blood work a month before that) and everything was normal.  I recall getting scared because I was thinking, "Oh maybe it's just something in the toilet..."  but then when I went in the cup at the doctors there was a small patch of bubbles in it!   Turns out it was nothing at all.  The doctor said sometimes the stream becomes turbulent (but it would happen even with a slower stream), she just said it's the way it is hitting the water when coming out.  And you are a guy, so you would be hitting the water from a lot greater distance.  When I was telling my friend she said her son always gets bubbles and so does my husband.  I felt it was normal for a GUY so that's why I was worried.  But it was nothing.
Once I had more of a "foamy" patch, but that was because I didn't drink water ALL day and I was a bit dehydrated.   
Bookmark and Share

Offline dan203

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2014, 11:20:08 AM »
I started getting that the summer of 2011.  Sometimes the patch of bubbles would be about 6" x 3"!  It would happen more in the morning and like you said, SOMETIME throughout the day.  I never knew how long they lasted because I'd flush.  I had my urine tested, etc  (Just had routine blood work a month before that) and everything was normal.  I recall getting scared because I was thinking, "Oh maybe it's just something in the toilet..."  but then when I went in the cup at the doctors there was a small patch of bubbles in it!   Turns out it was nothing at all.  The doctor said sometimes the stream becomes turbulent (but it would happen even with a slower stream), she just said it's the way it is hitting the water when coming out.  And you are a guy, so you would be hitting the water from a lot greater distance.  When I was telling my friend she said her son always gets bubbles and so does my husband.  I felt it was normal for a GUY so that's why I was worried.  But it was nothing.
Once I had more of a "foamy" patch, but that was because I didn't drink water ALL day and I was a bit dehydrated.

Thanks for the reply! You have made me feel better, ill try not to think about it then, i only noticed it around a week or so ago. I'll try to stay hydrated. Did the bubbles that you have stay in the toilet or did they disappear? That's my only concern in that i would have thought they'd disappear if it was just due to the urine hitting the water. Some are still present after a few minutes.
Bookmark and Share

Offline dan203

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2014, 12:03:16 PM »
A small update  in that i sat down and hit the side of the toilet and only a small amount of bubbles were present which is normal right?
Bookmark and Share

Offline crosbie87

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2014, 02:10:03 PM »
Dan ... completely normal. I have that too. What's funny is that most guys (including myself) use the urinals which doesn't allow us to see any bubbles. Last summer I had to use the regular toilet as all the urinals were taken and i notice lots of bubbles. Next time I aimed for the side of the bowl and there was very little. :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline dan203

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2014, 05:40:15 PM »
Dan ... completely normal. I have that too. What's funny is that most guys (including myself) use the urinals which doesn't allow us to see any bubbles. Last summer I had to use the regular toilet as all the urinals were taken and i notice lots of bubbles. Next time I aimed for the side of the bowl and there was very little. :)

Thanks for the reply, ill stop being concerned now then, it's just that some forms of bubbles can be the first sign of a problem with the kidney so i thought id check if it's normal.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 27
  • Mood: Calm
    Calm
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2014, 05:59:16 PM »
I really don't know how long the bubbles stayed because I would look and flush - but try dropping toilet paper on them.  Mine would go away where the toilet paper hit.
Bookmark and Share

Offline dan203

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2014, 07:22:47 AM »
Yeah the bubbles go away when toilet paper is dropped on them, ill just forget about it now, it was just because i was getting lower back pains and so i was concerned about the small amounts of bubbles in my urine.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Ihadcancer

• Rec's: 19
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2014, 02:15:39 PM »
I read that people who eat a lot of meats tend to have bubbles in their urine.   :yes:
Bookmark and Share

Tags: