Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Involuntary muscles contractions of the legs....  (Read 201 times)

Offline mtown67

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Involuntary muscles contractions of the legs....
« on: May 21, 2014, 01:45:26 AM »
I am experiencing involuntary muscle contractions of my legs. My inner leg muscles and butt muscles will contract none stop. I went to a Neurologist and he called it Focal Dystonia. He put me on Clamazapam 0.5mg and vitamins. He did not tell me it was anxiety. I was on Xanax before and quit it because I was addicted.

I am looking for anyone that has a similar issue. I am curious to see what treatment you have been given.

Thank you
Bookmark and Share

Offline Nelly22

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Involuntary muscles contractions of the legs....
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2014, 09:14:30 PM »
Yes! I had this happen in the muscles of my thigh and under my kneecap. I'm sorry I don't have any info on treatment since I never got any, but it did just go away on its own after a few weeks. I'm not sure if it's the exact same situation, but definitely had involuntary contractions and spasms.
Bookmark and Share

Offline msgb98

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2014, 09:32:48 PM »
I think that is what my issues is right now.
I have muscle pain in the lower pelvic region. I have read that trigger points from other areas of the body can cause aches and pains in a region not near or near and it can hurt.
I am hoping that is all it is.
Bookmark and Share

Offline mtown67

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2014, 11:21:46 PM »
Thank you for the reply msgb98.

I had a trigger point for pain and got a shot of Ladicane directly in my stomach. For me it only worked for one day. My stomach has calmed down. But my legs, that's another story. It's very uncomfortable and painful to sit. The Neurologist said that if what he gave me did not work, I would have to get botox shots in my leg muscles to paralyze the muscles from pulling.

And to make matters worse, I found out that Dystonia does not have a cure. It is a life long disease. So I am just hoping this will go away or the botox shots will work.

We will see.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: