Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: New with Head Pressure and Vision Problems  (Read 223 times)

Offline amyjeannie

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
New with Head Pressure and Vision Problems
« on: May 20, 2014, 02:41:42 PM »
HELP! First off, Hello to everyone! I'm new here and looking for some support/answers. I am currently a Junior in college and just got done with my second semester of sophomore year, which is when a lot of symptoms started. It all started back in Janurary. I started having a hard time breathing with terrible chest pains. I thought I was going to die from a heart attack. I went to two different doctors and they both said that it was acid reflux. Then I got cut at work on something rusty and I rushed to the doctor to get a tetanus shot. Two months after I got the shot I was still afraid I was going to die. I used to have a headache almost everyday and I started to get worried. It stopped there for a while but then it started back up again, this time with some blurry/cloudy vision. I'm really REALLY scared that it's a brain tumor. I have a terrible habit of looking things up on the internet and I've recently been reading a lot about how I could possibly have a brain tumor and how most people only live a total of 5 years after having surgery. I'm freaking out! I want to live longer! I want to get married and have kids and all that stuff. Here are my symptoms: I have head pressure every day. It normally is worse at night time but recently it's been showing up in the morning. It normally goes away when I don't think about it but, let's face it, I think about it all the time. My vision is getting bad too. I wear glasses but recently my vision in my right eye has been cloudy/blurry. I'm sure these two are connected. Third, I also have pressure in my neck. That's also a symptom of a brain tumor! I keep freaking myself out and spend most of my time crying. All my family and friends think it's nothing and that I'm just a hypochondriac. I'm too scared to go get an MRI. HELP!!!!!!
Also, it might help to note that sometimes my fingers twitch and also a while back I was diagnosed with severe anxiety.
Bookmark and Share
Philippians 4:4-9

Offline Venomsoar

• Rec's: 4
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: New with Head Pressure and Vision Problems
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2014, 07:03:03 PM »
Hi! Welcome to anxietyzone!

First, this is easier said than done but you need to take a deep breath and calm down. Think and try and rationalise your thoughts. None of us here are doctors - so none of us can diagnose you or evaluate your symptoms professionally. So if you are really concerned, seek medical advice.

However, your symptoms can all be anxiety related. The chances are that they most likely are. We have all been there. I have headaches which usually last for a week at a time. I also have visual disturbances - everything from floaters to flashers and from cloudy to tunnel vision. I have come to learn it is all anxiety.

Headaches from tumours don't come and go (for a start). If and when you don't think about it, and temporarily the headaches go, this for me screams anxiety. This is actually how I have been able to learn that my symptoms are anxiety related. I have been able to go from having severe chest pain with severe heart burn to no pain whatsoever in less than 10 minutes. Anxiety related symptoms can quickly spiral out of control - but as quickly as you can get into a vicious circle, you can get yourself out of one.

You said your headaches mainly come at night (same with me); headaches from tumours usually get worse with any activity that increases tension within the skull (bending over, lying down, sneezing, straining etc.) and is not in any way related to the time and day. Anxiety however, is. You can ask anyone here if their symptoms are worse at night and a lot will tell you that they are. This is certainly the case for me. And yes, it is the same for the morning. Mornings and nights are the worse.

You already know you have anxiety - you have also been told by a professional that you have anxiety. Therefore, we can safely conclude that you will inevitably get anxiety symptoms. All the symptoms you described are all related to anxiety - therefore you can conclude that the symptoms you are experiencing are very likely due to anxiety and not a brain tumour.

But like I said, we are not doctors.
Bookmark and Share

Offline yesyesno

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2014, 07:06:04 PM »
Hi Amy, welcome!  You have  very similar symptoms (head pressure/ache/sensations), fears (BT), and dreams (getting married, having kids) as I do so I can honestly say I'm sorry what you're going through.  My head issues have been every day for 3 months.  I also have some blurry/cloudy vision stuff going on.  Just out of curiosity do your glasses cure your blurry vision?

None of my doctors thought I needed an MRI at all..but I eventually convinced them.  Both my CT scan and MRI came back normal.  It's important to remember Google spits out the rare cases and does not give you the many possible, and more likely, benign causes.  The fact that you don't feel your headache unless you're thinking about it, and you mention you have been diagnosed with anxiety shows you have at least a hunch that this may be anxiety.

If you're really concerned, you can get the MRI.  It helped me for a a while until I started worrying about the accuracy of the test.  But everyone is different. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline Kmj023

• Rec's: 1
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2014, 08:14:06 PM »
Wow. You sound just like me. I was terrified I had a brain tumor as I was having a feeling of off balance and pressure in my forehead and vision was off as well. Like you, I did the worst thing anyone can do and that was googling and those symptoms popped up and that made my anxiety a million times worse. Do not look up anymore stuff. I had to see ent and have ct scan of my sinuses and saw the top of my head which showed no lesions. Yet I'm still nervous cause of the whole dr google thing. Anxiety put me in the bed and now I'm having to recover and get nervous walking and it's not an easy thing either.

I would stop while you are ahead. Go to dr and be checked out no matter how scared you are cause you will not rest until you know you are ok. And I'm sure you are. Beg for ct scan or MRI. Sometimes you have to. Don't wait around cause if you do then you will create more symptoms!
Bookmark and Share
"The only illness that we can't accept is hypochondria."

"Never Google, everyone will catch an invisible tumor!"

Offline Kmj023

Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2014, 08:19:41 PM »
Question for yesyesno, you said you worried About the accuracy of the test. Did you think that they missed a lesion of the brain?
Bookmark and Share

Offline yesyesno

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2014, 02:40:24 PM »
I just worried if they missed anything that was too small to see.  My chief fear has always been a BT.  But I only contemplated whether something could be missed because of what I found in Googling (exactly like you Kmj), and because my symptoms have not gone away :(.  But my docs said if anything is causing me this many symptoms, it would be clearly visible on both a CT scan and an MRI. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline amyjeannie

Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2014, 03:31:40 PM »
Thank you guys for your support. I am just really worried because even though most of the pressure has been all over my head the last few days have been right around the eye that is acting up. It really worries me! Plus, it is starting to hurt during the morning but I can't tell if it's actually hurting or if it's just me thinking about it that makes it hurt. I think I'm going to have to go to the doctor. I can't concentrate on anything! I have an eye appointment but that's not till the 4th of June. I'm just not sure if I can wait that long.
Bookmark and Share
Philippians 4:4-9

Offline Kmj023

Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2014, 09:40:24 PM »
Thank you guys for your support. I am just really worried because even though most of the pressure has been all over my head the last few days have been right around the eye that is acting up. It really worries me! Plus, it is starting to hurt during the morning but I can't tell if it's actually hurting or if it's just me thinking about it that makes it hurt. I think I'm going to have to go to the doctor. I can't concentrate on anything! I have an eye appointment but that's not till the 4th of June. I'm just not sure if I can wait that long.

Yes that's what I'm experiencing too. Cause of google and other readings I worry that the ct scan didn't show anything cause it was without contrast and maybe too small to see.

My forehead gets tight and my eyes don't want to focus and it's when I try to sit up and I think it's all anxiety now.
Cause when I lay down it goes away. I think I was so worried about a bt that this is why I'm having weird feelings in my face. I do have allergies but I do think it's more anxiety

It's been 3 months for me and you would think if it was a bt that both of us would have a huge tumor causing more symptoms.

Bookmark and Share

Offline Kmj023

Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2014, 09:43:38 PM »
Glad you are going to dr. Let us know what you find out!  Sure you are ok!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Venomsoar

• Rec's: 4
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2014, 04:30:49 PM »
My forehead gets tight and my eyes don't want to focus and it's when I try to sit up and I think it's all anxiety now.
Cause when I lay down it goes away. I think I was so worried about a bt that this is why I'm having weird feelings in my face. I do have allergies but I do think it's more anxiety

This sounds exactly like me as well. My headaches would go away if I laid down. In the mornings I would feel fine; after about an hour of sitting/standing up, the headache would return. It would begin mild but then progressively get worse the longer I sit/stand up. You also stated that you get weird feelings in your face; are these sensations kind of numb/tingly? Because I developed a numbness kind of feeling but my face wasn't actually numb. It would also start to tingle as well. All of these symptoms I now know are anxiety symptoms.

Bookmark and Share

Offline Kmj023

Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2014, 05:39:10 PM »
About the feeling in my forehead, it started when I was getting real bad anxiety and panic attacks sitting in the waiting room at my drs office. I was not able to hardly hold my head up cause it was so heavy. And would make me dizzy headed. I would have to support my head with my hand or hold it down and my eyes would not focus. They weren't blurry and didn't have blurry vision. Just hard to keep them on far away objects which at the time I thought was a brain tumor or real bad sinus infection and anxiety not helping. At home I would always lay in my bed. This week I went to living room to sit on couch and same thing happened except my head wasn't as heavy but my shoulders would tense up. My eyes weren't too bad. I now believe that it's anxiety cause my body was nervous sitting up. My mind was probably remembering the whole drs office thing. I noticed the second time I tried sitting up it was better.

As for my face, yes mam, I don't get the tingly feeling anymore but it kind of feels like it is a little numb but yet it's not. And it always on my left cheek and I try to ignore it the best I can. It's not every day but at least a couple times a week maybe. I hate it.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: