Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: Anxiety and panic before bedtime  (Read 263 times)

Offline Tiredofbeingexhausted

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Anxiety and panic before bedtime
« on: May 20, 2014, 09:27:48 AM »
Hey guys,
Been having trouble sleeping every night. Every time I lay down for bed at night one of my leg hurts/aches. This and when im fatigued or sleepy and without glasses is what has me thinking im panicking. I guess because I see hazy and feel pain down there (thinking DVT) subconsciously. I toss and turn and feel little adrenal surges. This happens for 1 hour- 4 hours every night. Does this sound like anxiety or is my body screwed up?
Bookmark and Share

Offline RyaninCO

• Just Joined!
    • Poke This Member
Re: Anxiety and panic before bedtime
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2014, 09:17:23 PM »
Hi Tiredofbeingexausted,

First time poster here and I wanted to reply to your post because this happens to me too and I wanted to share my experience and I've always wondered if this was just something that I internalized myself but it's nice to see another person that shares the same issue.

As for my reasons... When I first started dealing with my anxiety a couple years ago and I didn't understand what was happening to myself I had a severe insomnia episode and didn't sleep for 4 days or so.  My mind, thoughts, body, everything was just out of whack.  I've since been seeing a psychiatrist for anxiety/antidepressant medication as well as a therapist to help cope with some other issues that where going on in my life.  I just hit a rough patch in my life, emotionally, physically (quitting smoking), mentally and with my relationship.

I would absolutely suggest seeing a doctor if your sleep anxiety continues to worsen.  I can definitely tell you how much it can effect you as it did for me.

I've since been able to get my sleep under control albeit aided with medication but it has been a life savor for me.  I struggle from time to time but it certainly is better now.

Hope you're doing well!
Ryan
Bookmark and Share

Offline Michele28

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2014, 02:27:56 AM »
my anxiety always gets worse at night when i am laying down and my mind wanders
Bookmark and Share

Offline RyaninCO

• Just Joined!
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2014, 01:24:03 PM »
my anxiety always gets worse at night when i am laying down and my mind wanders

Hi Michele28,

Thanks for sharing with us.  Do you do anything to ward it off?  Any special techniques to get it to calm down?  Last night was tough for me to fall asleep.  I just couldn't get my mind to shut off.  :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline danimal_44

• Rec's: 1
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2014, 11:28:52 PM »
I have the same issue. My health anxiety is always bad at night. It frequently causes me to stay up for hours, which I cannot afford to do since I have a 3-year-old that wakes up around 6/6:30.

I usually feel much better after getting some sleep, but I never get enough.

I had pains in my legs for a few months and obsessed over it. I could feel the spot where the pain was. Now my anxiety has moved toward my chest area, and interestingly, I almost never get pains in my legs now.

Reading on this website, relating to others with the same issues, and truly accepting in my mind that I have anxiety has given me the most relief so far.
Bookmark and Share
Stop fighting and start relaxing.

Tags: