Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Cough wont go away plus muscle pain in chest  (Read 59 times)

Offline WaterBottleDogFish

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Cough wont go away plus muscle pain in chest
« on: May 19, 2014, 07:24:01 PM »
 :( I got back from maryland almost 4 weeks ago and got a persistent cough. I do have allergies but never a cough like this its been 3 weeks and it comes and goes but it feels like my throat is weird. I also thought I was having a heart attack and went to the hospital...they did an ekg, urine sample, blood tests, chest x-ray, cat scan. Theres nothing wrong with me at all in any way but theres this annoying pain a little ways below my collar bone feels like a pulled muscle maybe? It hurts sometimes but it comes and goes a lot and it feels strange. Im trying really hard not to be afraid but with this cough and pain in my chest im starting to get scared again....I dont want to be scared anymore I went to the hospital I had 4 nurses, 2 doctors check me out and tell me im fine! I just need to lose weight and eat better and not be stuck in my house 24/7.  :traurig001:
Bookmark and Share

Offline NytViolet

• Rec's: 4
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Cough wont go away plus muscle pain in chest
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2014, 07:55:00 PM »
The change in environment (going to maryland) could have triggered a worse-than-usual allergic reaction.  If you traveled by plane or bus, you could have also picked up a virus.  After a chest xray and CT Scan, I'd say you're pretty much in the clear.  This will gradually go way.  You failed to mention if your cough is productive (any sputum)??  If there is, it means you're trying to bring something up.  OTC Meds that contain guifenesen usually help because they contain an expectorant which helps you clear the lungs.  I'm sure you'll gradually see an improvement.  Be Blessed!
Bookmark and Share
God does not give us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7

Tags: