Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: What dread disease were you CERTAIN you had?  (Read 919 times)

Offline madmexican808

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: What dread disease were you CERTAIN you had?
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2014, 08:15:44 PM »
undiagnosed conditions

1. meningitis 10th grade

rabies 20 years old

had twitches in neck and moved on to A**.

inb4 I am crazy
Bookmark and Share

Online Lindsay2427

• Mood: Scared
    Scared
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2014, 09:55:11 PM »
Absolutely convinced I had colon cancer for 15 months after having off end on blood streaks on my stools. I seriously made my self A completely lunatic over it. Well it wasn't CC! Phew. I have had bad HA since around age 7 so since then I have had skin cancer, brain tumor, tumor in my jaw, breast cancer, cervical cancer, slight bone cancer fear in left foot, brief MS scare because of a tight fitting boot causing pain and tingling, heart condition that causes heart to skip a beat. My new obsession and fear is pancreatic or gallbladder C. I also had slight dizziness today which made me a little panicky about a brain tumor again.
Bookmark and Share

Offline i960

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2014, 09:55:50 PM »
Due to body type and physical makeup there was a point where I thought I might have Marfan's syndrome - and hence could be carrying a potential time bomb. Now, while I wasn't 100% certain, I was concerned enough that I got a ref to a cardiologist for an echo - and even my GP agreed with me that it wasn't a bad idea. Got the echo, no Marfan's, not even any MVP, etc. "completely normal" - which was a big relief. However, it wasn't all roses, as I left the cardiologist with newly diagnosed second degree heart-block (LAFB+RBBB) and a heart monitor followup for it. Most likely congenital.
Bookmark and Share

Offline nikol373

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2014, 10:33:34 PM »
Leukemia (like, right now. :( ), lymphoma, ovarian cancer, uterine cancer, all of the woman cancers in that general vicinity....brain tumor, MS....

...and a fear that this "somatization" thing will never go away.
Bookmark and Share
"Fight fires in your best clothes,
Touch skin with your eyes closed,
Chase thunder...
With the volume down
Pack a suitcase, wander to the next town..."

Offline Caroline1902

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2014, 10:55:44 PM »
I was CERTAIN I had colon cancer and MS at one point -  no doubt about it.

But diseases that have had me worried sick are ovarian cancer, skin cancer, kidney cancer, ALS, Parkinson's, throat cancer and some sort of cancer that was causing me to lose weight without trying.  I couldn't quite put my finger on what type of cancer I had but I knew it was cancer.

Right now my left arm is numb and driving me mad.  I'm resisting going to the doctor though because miraculously, I do think anxiety is the culprit.  Watch it not be this time.  Only the mind of a hypochondriac could think like this!
Bookmark and Share

Online Roman

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2014, 12:08:06 PM »
Als convinced I have it muscle wasting on left hand wrist and forearm which is painful, as well as painful left leg, twitches also sore left tricep left deltoid and trap.
Bookmark and Share

Offline madmexican808

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #36 on: June 16, 2014, 12:41:25 PM »
Als convinced I have it muscle wasting on left hand wrist and forearm which is painful, as well as painful left leg, twitches also sore left tricep left deltoid and trap.

I am somehow convinced I have muscle wasting on left leg. and I am left handed/footed. muscle seems softer than left.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lars Thorwald

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #37 on: June 16, 2014, 03:05:25 PM »
Cancer (colon, brain, lung ... all of the big ones; why waste good anxiety on the small ones?!)
General heart trouble (every hypo has this one on their resume)
ALS of course
MS of course
Diabetes

Overall, doing better with health anxiety in the past year or so. Just trying to relax and not take life so seriously.
Good luck to all.
Bookmark and Share
"For days after death, hair and fingernails continue to grow but phone calls taper off." --Johnny Carson

Offline Felicia_Kay

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #38 on: June 16, 2014, 03:15:39 PM »
The main disease I find myself being convinced I have is diabetes. I have been tested over and over, but since I know our blood sugar levels are constantly changing, I just keep assuming they caught me at a good time. This has been an almost non-stop fear for four years to the point where I have changed my diet to be more diabetic friendly.

Another one I have more recently been having obsessions with are blood clots. I often find myself getting a lot of pain in my legs or having difficulty breathing or pain in my chest. All of which lead me to believe I have a blood clot in whatever area may be associated with the symptoms at the time.

Over the years I have at time thought I had some type of neurological disorder, Addison's disease, an overgrowth of yeast in my blood stream, parasites, crohn's  disease, rheumatoid arthritis and probably more. Though all these didn't cause me near as much anxiety and the obsessions of them also didn't last as long as the diabetes and blood clots.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: