Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Need Urgent Advice  (Read 163 times)

Offline Jonnysmith

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Need Urgent Advice
« on: May 19, 2014, 04:29:17 AM »
I am suffering frequent episodes of deja vu and have been for a couple of years including physical symptoms such as nausea, confusion, panic feeling in stomach and spaced out feeling it lasts each time maybe about 30 seconds but leaves me feeling out of it or drained for days. My concerns are seizures and I have always had a phobia since I can remember of seizures/epilepsy. I have recently had an mri scan and eeg which came back as normal however I have been told that normal scans do not rule out epilepsy. My worries are I am now finding it hard to distinguish between normal reality as everything feels so dreamlike, like I am here but not here and I am stuck in a dream. These deja vu episodes happen daily and the more I google search the more people with epilepsy have these feelings. I am so scared that at 33 with no previous head trauma that I know of and no family history of epilepsy I am just developing it which is my worst phobia. Any advice anyone can offer what they reckon this could be? I am thinking this cant be a panic attack as they tend to last much longer like 10 minutes or so at a time. Please can people advise?

thanks
Jonny
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lunatone

• Rec's: 21
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Need Urgent Advice
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2014, 06:21:28 AM »
Its a dissociative disorder. One of the most common problems in anxiety sufferers. So if you have problems with anxiety and panic, and you are having the symptoms you are, they are caused by the anxiety.

Depersonalization and Derealization specifically are what they're called. They do extend long after panic and anxiety stop. Actually the annoying part is they keep going until you distract yourself from them. But it feels so weird that how can you not pay attention?

But yeah. you can look the terms up on Wikipedia if you like. They'll basically be a list of tthe symptoms you described though. If it helps, a lot of us really do have these problems, and it does get better once you accept its not dangerous.

For a short term fix, the next time you're feeling this way, look at this picture: http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/tt194/kamrom/sqsis.jpg It's so distracting to your brain that your feelings of dissociation vanish rapidly.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Jonnysmith

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2014, 08:49:10 AM »
Thanks Lunatone for the advice but why these deja vu episodes that come on randomly making me feel sick?
Bookmark and Share

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 41
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2014, 09:34:09 AM »
I'm not Lunatone or a doctor but I would guess because they trigger intense panic/anxiety in you, and your body reacts to that.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Jonnysmith

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2014, 10:15:51 AM »
Hi Mollyfin thank your for the response my concern is I have a major phobia of seizures and epilepsy but I can be relaxed and then a deja vu episode will hit me and give me stomach pain. I am scared these are seizures and will eventually go worse into grand mal seizures. I am 33 can epilepsy develop out of the blue from nothing?
Bookmark and Share

Tags: