Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Hematoma and such  (Read 101 times)

Offline spongecake

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Hematoma and such
« on: May 18, 2014, 06:37:55 PM »
Another problem =A= when I'm having a bout of paranoia though it tends to last a while, and I get a series of symptoms throughout...

So early last year I fell down some stairs. Pretty nasty stairs too, I got a load of bruises, and a big hematoma still today. I hear they're meant to go after a month or two but this refuses to go. It kind of worries me, especially since it hurts a bit most of the time, and once in a while it will REALLY hurt. A couple of hours ago I suddenly got terrible shooting pains from it. That's stopped now, but instead I keep feeling little throbbing pains all around my body. In my arm. In my leg, in my mouth. Hard to ignore pains. It's probably my imagination getting the better of me, but in my mind's eye I see something like a bit of the hematoma breaking off and getting in my blood stream and it's going around clogging everything up and it'll go in my heart and it'll explode and- You get the picture.

Okay so maybe the heart exploding thing is daft, but that aside. If anyone knows anything much about hematomas I'd be happy to know. If they can go bad, if it can cause problems, or even if it might still go away of its own accord. I mentioned being worried to my doctor but he just shrugged and said it would be fine without even looking, regardless of it hurting so bad sometimes. If anyone could give a little input that'd be great.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Stressed Jumper

• Rec's: 10
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Hematoma and such
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2014, 06:47:24 PM »
I got kicked by a horse and the resulting hematoma took over six months to be fully reabsorbed.  It am to left a permanent dent in my right thigh where the muscle had been too damaged to repair itself.  The good news...several years later there is no pain and no loss of strength.  Try to be patient and this will resolve itself.  Good luck and hang in there!
Bookmark and Share

Offline spongecake

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2014, 08:43:32 PM »
Horse kick huh )8 Sounds nasty. My silly stair trip has no excuse to take longer than that to heal lol. Thanks for your reply, glad to hear you got better :>
Bookmark and Share

Offline Stressed Jumper

• Rec's: 10
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2014, 09:36:39 PM »
If it's any consolation two of our horses were gallloping aroung and one misjudged a turn and ran into a 8" diameter fence post with his shoulder.  He was sound a month later but the hematoma lasted for about a year.  Totally normal for both humans and equines.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 18
  • Mood: Lazy
    Lazy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2014, 06:02:35 AM »
Not to compare humans to CATS, but they DO get some things we do!   My cat has had a hematoma on his chin for several years already.  I guess they can last a long time or a short time depending on where they are.  (if there is a blood vessel under it that keeps it "alive")
Bookmark and Share

Tags: