Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: I'm drowning in my own fear....again  (Read 183 times)

Offline Disaster_Dino

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
I'm drowning in my own fear....again
« on: May 18, 2014, 04:05:10 PM »
Sigh.

Woke up this morning, and the pain in my lower right abdomen is back with a vengeance. Whenever I walk, talk too loud, cough, or laugh I get a sharp pain in that area. I don't have pain all the time, just when I actually try to do things.

I'm so scared that there's something wrong with my appendix. I know for sure it isn't acute appendicitis, cause it doesn't work this way. But, what if I'm a medical mystery? What if my appendix is chronically infected? These flair ups have been happening to me on and off for almost a year now.

It's almost like this situation was created just for me. I hate going to the doctor, I'm deathly afraid of surgery, and I'm deathly afraid of weird medical problems. But, guess what? That's exactly what i'm facing right now. Could it be psychosomatic? Defiantly. I'm under enormous amounts of stress all the time. Not just from my health anxiety. I'm just an anxious kid. But what about the very first flair up? The one that started this whole fiasco. That wasn't caused by stress, was it? I remember quite vividly that my sophomore year of high school was very stressful.

I don't know what to do anymore. I don't know what to feel, I don't know what to think, I don't know who to believe! Myself, or everyone else who says i'm fine.

excuse me while I cry in the corner
Bookmark and Share
"everything will be alright in the end. If everything's not alright, it's not quite the end!"

Offline bowandarrow

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: I'm drowning in my own fear....again
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2014, 04:23:06 PM »
Sup, bro?

I've had this also on and off for yeeaaarss. You know what I always assumed it was? Muscle strain. From going to the bathroom too intensely *cough*

If your appendix was infected I doubt it'd just be this twinge of pain you're feeling. I'm not too familiar with infections around that area, but I'm thinking it would be hugely uncomfortable. Plus you'd probably have the other common infection symptoms accompanying it, yknow? High fever, general fatigue and all those other irritating ones that make you temporarily hate life :)

From one person who has experienced exactly what you are right now, don't drown in fear. Because I'm pretty sure you know how to swim. :)
Bookmark and Share
Life is too short for cheap wine, baby!

Offline Disaster_Dino

• Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2014, 04:34:16 PM »
Sup, bro?

I've had this also on and off for yeeaaarss. You know what I always assumed it was? Muscle strain. From going to the bathroom too intensely *cough*

If your appendix was infected I doubt it'd just be this twinge of pain you're feeling. I'm not too familiar with infections around that area, but I'm thinking it would be hugely uncomfortable. Plus you'd probably have the other common infection symptoms accompanying it, yknow? High fever, general fatigue and all those other irritating ones that make you temporarily hate life :)

From one person who has experienced exactly what you are right now, don't drown in fear. Because I'm pretty sure you know how to swim. :)

that....that was beautiful. Although I do feel fatigue sometimes, thats just one of the wonderful side effects of being scared for your life.

I do have other symptoms....like my abdomen in that area is super hard right now. It also hurts if I push on it a certain way...idk

There was, however, a span of time where I felt completely okay. It never even crossed my mind. Months of beautiful prosperity.
Bookmark and Share
"everything will be alright in the end. If everything's not alright, it's not quite the end!"

Offline bowandarrow

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2014, 05:17:06 PM »
Lol well I try. Yeah, it's like a weird sore pain, right? I feel that, but stop pushing on it dude! lol.

Honestly, though, I had it like two days ago. Not as intensely as past occurances but definitely had it. I, too, have also been through an abnormal amount of stress. Weird symptoms are bound to happen to our bodies during these times.  It's the way it is, my friend. A lot of the aches and pains are also usually directly related to tension (you said that area was hard, right?).

You sound like an intelligent individual, so I have some homework for you. It's a form of something called CBT therapy. I want you to sit back, take a deep breath, tell yourself, "I'm fine," and rationalize why you're experiencing this. Like I said, muscle strain and/or tension? Did you and your friends have a stomach punching contest? Have you been shanked recently? (lol) See these are all examples of rational thoughts that will GUARANTEE you a rational answer, instead of an irrational one that says something sinister feel me?
Bookmark and Share

Offline bowandarrow

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2014, 05:21:03 PM »
Also a good rule of thumb is if you've had something or a particular symptom in the past and it turned out to be nothing, chances are it's nothing now. :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Disaster_Dino

• Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2014, 05:39:35 PM »
Yes! usually it's a weird sort of sore/ irritated "pain" but today it's been pretty bad. I've had worse attacks, though. One time I was irritated all over my lower abdomen, not just on the side.

I think it could be a muscle thing too, actually. I skateboard, and I do all the kicking with that leg so it's totally plausible that I could of hurt something. Either that, or it's all mental.

:spineyes:
Bookmark and Share