Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Mass in right abdomen!! advise pleasee  (Read 321 times)

Offline DaxeUK

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Mass in right abdomen!! advise pleasee
« on: May 18, 2014, 03:04:46 PM »
Hi,

Can anyone help - I've been having a on-going issue on my right abdomen - if I stand and feel down the right below my rib cage, I feel a hard ish sausage shape tubular lump/mass that goes downwards - doesn't seem to change at all, only harder to find when laying down but still there. If I was to arch my back its far more prominent. I've been for a ultrasound and they couldn't see anything and said maybe its just some form of muscle but my HA is sending me bonkers and I still fear the worse. Could it be my colon? seems the correct place but I didn't think they are hard ish?>

Has anyone got a similar tubular mass down the right hand side? Im average build   :( :(
Many thanks
Bookmark and Share

Offline KirklandHarris

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Mass in right abdomen!! advise pleasee
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2014, 03:36:40 PM »
Are you sure it's not just your abs? Mine are more toned on my right side so it can give the impression of what you're talking about.
Bookmark and Share

Offline DaxeUK

Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2014, 04:00:32 PM »
I dont think so, it seems to be on the right kf my retus adominas, feels to tubular to be muscle and i cant flex it :-(
Maybe im just feeling my colon as does t seem much fat that side and colon has muscle layers.
Bookmark and Share

Online Ihadcancer

• Rec's: 7
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2014, 07:13:27 PM »
That is the area where the small intestines joins the colon.  This could be stool or even trapped gas.   The colon is like a slinky.  That's why small polyps or tumors cannot be seen on CT scans. The colon kinks up, moves around constantly.

Since it runs up and down, it's not your liver or gall bladder. The colon takes a turn and goes across the abdomen behind the liver.

Do you have any discomfort? How old are you? General age will do.  Are your BM's normal? Any trouble passing gas? Have you gone to a gastro? 
Bookmark and Share

Offline hypo5150

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2014, 10:27:28 PM »
I have this, too!  Had an ultrasound laying down. It hides then. So, I asked the tech to do one standing up.  They couldn't find anything unusual, even thought they could feel it.  It is strange, but it is nothing.  I think it might be part of my liver and I can feel it because I am so skinny.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 18
  • Mood: Lazy
    Lazy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2014, 05:59:50 AM »
My friend was telling me that when she lays flat on her stomach she feels like she's "laying on a pickle", it's in her stomach area.  Her doctor found nothing at all and she had all kinds of tests in that area for some OTHER issue and nothing was there.  I told her maybe a muscle is spasming, so maybe that's what is happening to you.
Bookmark and Share

Offline DaxeUK

Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2014, 06:13:55 AM »
Thanks for the replies, i wish i did ask the tech to scan while i stand as thats my gribe at the mo as its far more obvious then.
Its in the position where id imagine the colon was (looking at diagrams) but just seems a bit to tough for it to be the colon, what does a colon typically feel like, is it palpable?
Im 30, have no symptoms, no bleeding, pain, discomfort. Just a bit bloated on the right hand side when i arch my back but i think thats my muscles pushing forward more than my left as im right handed.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Caribou

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2014, 06:52:24 AM »
I have the exact same thing also!  I was told that it was nothing serious as well.  The doctor told me that because I'm so skinny, that it's just easier to see on my body.  Finally, someone else who has this too.
Bookmark and Share

Offline DaxeUK

Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2014, 08:58:12 AM »
Its comforting to hear others who have the same thing... maybe we just prod and poke to much. Im quite new to admiting i have HA and its crazy how last 3-4 weeks my mind has gone from 1 thing to the next, not really accepting professional opinions - then the next day i may see it in a totally different light.
Im not skinny or fat, got a ickle belly but down the side where this lump protrudes downwards there isnt really much there. How far down does yours go, id say 3 inches mine does from the bottom of my rib.  B-;
Bookmark and Share

Offline Caribou

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2014, 09:21:58 AM »
I remember when I first felt it, I thought for sure it was some type of cancer, but no.  And I would say that mine is also around 3 inches from the bottom of my rib too.  One other explanation that my doctor said, was that it could even be my colon based on where it is located.  I have had x-rays, physical examinations, you name it.  But, all tests came back fine so I think I can put that fear to rest...for now.   :yes:
Bookmark and Share

Offline DaxeUK

Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2014, 11:31:58 AM »
Definently makes you think of it when you feel these things that you dont expect. Thinking about it though, i doubt a cancer would grow in that fashion downwards like sausage lol
That was my throughts too, that maybe its the colon but feels to close to the surface to be the colon. Glad it all was okay for you - worrying about these sort of things can control your life sometimes! :winking0008:
Bookmark and Share

Tags: